Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Dell D830 running XP Pro 64 Bit

Thumbs up Dell D830 running XP Pro 64 Bit

For anyone looking for an alternative to upgrading to Win 7

I have XP 64 bit running fine on my D830. ( Although NOT officially supported by DELL )

4Gb Ram -- VLK & SP 2 plus ALL device drivers installed and working 100% including ACHI SATA.
    64 bit themes available and running 64bit Firefox.
    MS Update works fine as well.

Stable and FAST

Very happy

MW

I love XP 64-bit. The only problems I have encountered are driver support (for 3G and some wireless network cards), and a few applications like Nero which require a different license.
    Last edited by Cadavre777; 09-08-2009 at 09:12 AM.
    When you pass Go and collect R200, you know you're playing Monopoly. When you pass Go and have to pay R200... you know you're in Gauteng!

Arrow 64 bit Applications

Quote Originally Posted by Cadavre777 View Post
    I love XP 64-bit. The only problems I have encountered are driver support (for 3G and some wireless network cards), and a few applications like Nero which require a different license.
    If you scratch around on the DELL Drivers page especially for VISTA 64 bit you will find a lot of stuff that can be used.

My INTEL WiFi card is working fine with the native DELL drivers.

Running Google Eath fine -- strangely my GPU is reporting 512Mb memory.

With the latest BIOS upgrade you can run EIGHT Gb memory on the D830

Will get to the other application bridges when I need to cross them.
    I assume that with MS 7 there are going to be a lot more applications upgraded to 64 bit.

At the moment running GE I need more and faster bandwidth and an upgrade to a "Draft-n" Wireless access point.

MW

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightWizard View Post
    If you scratch around on the DELL Drivers page especially for VISTA 64 bit you will find a lot of stuff that can be used.
    Was talking about driver support in general. I know Atheros chipsets have poor support.
    When you pass Go and collect R200, you know you're playing Monopoly. When you pass Go and have to pay R200... you know you're in Gauteng!