Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Nokia N97 Firmware V12.0.0.23

Default Nokia N97 Firmware V12.0.0.23

Latest in the world on Nokia N97 is that we'll be seeing another Firmware release V12.0.0.23 Within the next 7 - 10 Days Hopefully.

http://twitpic.com/dg260

http://www.nokian97user.com/

That is good news but all I have heard are that it sorts out the RAM issues. But what I really want them to do is sort out the UI issues i.e implement kinetic scrolling into the entire UI. Lets see if this happens

I suppose thats one thing I like about Nokia....the updates come thick and fast. Like on my N95 had quite a few problems initially then a few weeks later, all patched up!

Thank goodness im on MTN, wonder how long Vodacom are gonna wait for their N97 update?!

Quote Originally Posted by Leftfoot View Post
    Thank goodness im on MTN, wonder how long Vodacom are gonna wait for their N97 update?!
    is the N97 all its cracked up to be?

To be honest I like the N97.....but the major problem is the camera lens scratching, it renders night time flash photography unusable. There has been lots of negative stuff about this phone, but the second update sorted a lot of the stability and other issues out. Hopefully, version 3 gives us some more good things!
    Last edited by Leftfoot; 13-08-2009 at 04:22 PM.

To be honest I like the N97.....but the major problem is the camera lens scratching, it renders night time flash photography unusable. There has been lots of negative stuff about this phone, but the second update sorted a lot of the stability and other issues out. Hopefully, version 3 gives us some more good things!
    thanks - think this will be my next 'upgrade'

Second Update ?

I thought V12 was the second Update ...

Quote Originally Posted by mohebo View Post
    Second Update ?

I thought V12 was the second Update ...
    This is the third update to come from Nokia for N97, should be out in about 15 days, also in June Nokia had an update for Nokia N97,and about 1 month ago if not mistaken there was the second update. .

I have read a lot of reviews about this cellphone and will wait until things have been sorted out.

I still have issues with my old Nokia N95 and guess what I am on version 20.0.015 and nokia has already version 30. out...

Oh btw there is one guy I know who is selling these phones for R5000 only catch is that it comes with 5 month Guarantee
    Loving technology&gadgets own a Samsung Galaxy S4, Ativ S , Apple iPad4 Cellular 64 GB, i7 ivy bridge - Porting Successful

Hmmm, received another N97 today from MTN.....and its product code wont allow an upgrede to version 11.... So not all MTN phones have the same product code, Hmmm, that sucks!

Hmmm, received another N97 today from MTN.....and its product code wont allow an upgrede to version 11.... So not all MTN phones have the same product code, Hmmm, that sucks!
    You must probably have the third shipment of Nokia N97.....
    Are you perhaps stocking up for Christmas :P
    Last edited by RichardG; 14-08-2009 at 03:53 PM.
    Loving technology&gadgets own a Samsung Galaxy S4, Ativ S , Apple iPad4 Cellular 64 GB, i7 ivy bridge - Porting Successful

Nah....My nephew bought one R162(all in) on a corporate contract!
    He asked me to set up some stuff....but its on this other product code.

Quote Originally Posted by mohebo View Post
    Latest in the world on Nokia N97 is that we'll be seeing another Firmware release V12.0.0.23 Within the next 7 - 10 Days Hopefully.

http://twitpic.com/dg260

http://www.nokian97user.com/
    Great! So Vodacom customers are getting a preview of the software they 'might' get in 12 month's time!

We can't even get the latest upgrade in SA from Vodacom (only country apart from Tanzania still waiting for the previous 2 month old upgrade). What are the chances of Vodacom providing this upgrade any time in 2009?

You may find the Corporate Contracts are generally through places like Auto Page / Nashua Mobile and not directly with the ISP so even though the Phone and Contract is on MTN The handset itself may well have been marked for Vodacom who get catered for by Auto Page / Nashua Mobile

Hey

I got the Nokia N97 and not too bad a phone. As far as the firmware upgrades go, spoke to a representitive from the Vodacare Umhlanga branch and he says that I can bring the phone in to do the firmware upgrade to the latest version. "It'll only take 24-48 hours... </sarcasm>". So much for the automatic update feature that the phone has installed.

WORK (Hillcrest, PTA) / LIVE (Fourways, JHB)

Quote Originally Posted by mon100 View Post
    Hey

I got the Nokia N97 and not too bad a phone. As far as the firmware upgrades go, spoke to a representitive from the Vodacare Umhlanga branch and he says that I can bring the phone in to do the firmware upgrade to the latest version. "It'll only take 24-48 hours... </sarcasm>". So much for the automatic update feature that the phone has installed.
    Or you can do it yourself via the Nokia Software Update and USB cable?

http://europe.nokia.com/get-support-...oftware-update
    Keith and the Girl - the BEST podcast on the net!