Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: HSDPA array

Default HSDPA array

Hi Guys

Conceptually I am thinking of putting together the following to increase the bandwidth that I get into my network. I.e I would like to connect lets say 3 modems each running 2,4Mb/s into the network - so that the network has a total speed of 7,2 MB/Sec

My thinking has been along these lines... 3 proxy servers each running a modem connected . These 3 servers in turn connected to a dhcp server that acts as a gateway... into the network at 1000mb/s - serving multiple (3 wireless) routers .....

What do you guys think can be done ? or not.... any ideas? The crux of the the problem is of course splitting the packets amongst multiple modems... ala torrent ?
    i7 Core 920, 6Gb, 2Tb, Ubuntu 9.04, (Core 2 Duo E-box with a B970 and Linksys E620 failover attached as DHCP and Proxy, 4 x P4's running a Unicore GRID)

Default Cell Tower Breathing

Before going ahead with this, I suggest that you look into the effects of Cell Tower Breathing.

The More Celle Tower connections, the more a cell site will balance the load.

Do not expect to get a full 7,2 MB/Sec

Thanks Toby

I am aware of that , I seem to be in a low usage area - on a farm - not many other users on the 3G net with my current two modems connected to different machines I get good downloads on both - that is on the same provider of course it can now also be split with a second provider... but you are right the moment there are to many users - it drops...

conceptually it seems like a good plan ... but oi to implement seems a bit more difficult!
    i7 Core 920, 6Gb, 2Tb, Ubuntu 9.04, (Core 2 Duo E-box with a B970 and Linksys E620 failover attached as DHCP and Proxy, 4 x P4's running a Unicore GRID)

Grandmaster

i've also had some thinking about that, using multiple B970 modems to increase speed.
    in order to address the cell breathing, use a MTN, VC, and Telkom simcard all good 3G speeds. then u sommer have backup if one network goes bad
    haven't had a chance to test it in reality tho.
    how do they 'bond' the multiple ADSL lines? wouldnt this work on similar fashion?

at moment using multiple modems to get faster speed for all users..... some users on this modem, some on that one, so speed faster for all.... but this not really the same solution
    Bonding several modem should theoretically give grooovy speeds if there are few users
    Last edited by CeeBee; 01-09-2009 at 08:55 AM.
    At the end of the game, the King and the pawn go back into the same box