Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Grove - New shopping mall in Pretoria

Super Grandmaster

Thumbs up The Grove - New shopping mall in Pretoria

The Grove opened yesterday, but I only managed to check it out today. Have to say that I'm quite impressed. Everything in an older mall like Menlyn seems quite delapidated and unmaintained in comparison. The shop décor is really modern, impressive and quite hi-tech. The taps in the bathrooms turns on automatically when you stand in front of the basins. 80% of the shops have already opened, including a 2-storey Woolworths and 2-storey @Home store. The Pick n Pay was a nightmare though, very disorganised. The mall has big double volume parking bays. And yet all that has been completed thus far is only phase one. Phase 2 is scheduled for opening in 2010, though experience has taught me that this may only happen in 2011. Although the mall does not include cinemas at present, which surprised me, I'm sure these are planned for Phase 2. Not to mention it's a walking distance from my home, always had to go to Menlyn. All in all, I love this mall!
    The Grove is situated on the corners of Lynnwood and Simon Vermooten roads.

Super Grandmaster

The place was absolutely crazy today!

Super Grandmaster

Plan to pop over there tomorrow, maybe paying dionwired a quick visit...
    ADSL 4Mb & DG834GT | Ex-Iburst, Ex-Sentech
    MYBroadband.co.za - Your electronic condom against those unwanted telecom infections !

I live in die wilgers so its like having a bigger Kolonade close by, its not as big as Menlyn though, although there are to many shopping centres in this area, someone is going to get hurt really badly.

Super Grandmaster

Ya. Let's just hope that Grove won't suffer the same fate as Kollonade. The mall did go up freakin fast.

Quote Originally Posted by BLIXEMPIE View Post
    TEverything in an older mall like Menlyn
    Damnit , now I feel old, feels like menlyn was built yesterday...

What shops are in the mall? Capped so can't google...

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Gargmel View Post
    Damnit , now I feel old, feels like menlyn was built yesterday...
    Menlyn was rebuilt in 2000, but the problem is that Menlyn is not well maintained.

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by tco21 View Post
    What shops are in the mall? Capped so can't google...
    Almost everything. A big PnP, Incredible connection, Dion wired, Edgars, Truworths, Woolworths, CNA, Mr. Price, Mr. Price home, @home, ID, Markhams, Musica, Wimpy, Boardmans, Ocean Basket, couple other restaurants, banks, etc. This is just what I can remember. And this is just phase 1. I'd think that phase 2 will include cinemas and such.

Thanks Blixempie.

I went there to get a new wrist watch today, about 6 shops, from American swiss to private dealers in there, the mall isn't 100% complete I can confirm though that the rumour of having of ice-skating is false, I asked them today.
    This mall is about the size of kolanade, a bit smaller even, having movies within walking distance of my house will be awesome, , but they need to get rid of all these malls, every 6 months or so a new one comes up. half of them are empty by now.

Quote Originally Posted by BLIXEMPIE View Post
    Almost everything. A big PnP, Incredible connection, Dion wired, Edgars, Truworths, Woolworths, CNA, Mr. Price, Mr. Price home, @home, ID, Markhams, Musica, Wimpy, Boardmans, Ocean Basket, couple other restaurants, banks, etc. This is just what I can remember. And this is just phase 1. I'd think that phase 2 will include cinemas and such.
    Dont you guys think we have enough of these? Apart from Dion Wired, Woolworths food stores and maybe CNA, I dont go into the other stores, such a waste and imo cheapens this high tech mall....

Super Grandmaster

Ya. Theres a PnP two blocks, yes 2 blocks, down Simon Vermooten, and another PnP in Lynnridge Mall thats about 500m from this one. Theres also another Ocean Basket 2 blocks from this mall, and a Woolworths in Gift Acres, very close to Grove, as well as a Mr. Price, and another massive Mr. Price Home in Lynnridge. Though i'd rather think all the older branches of these stores will fail rather than the ones in The Grove.

Super Grandmaster

IC is pretty small, both the Menlyn and ValueMart branches are much bigger. DionWired isn't bad, although it feels tiny compared to the Kollonade one. They *did* try to tell me their promotions are only whilst stocks last, so I quoted their "valid until 2009-09-06" webpage to them. Still don't think they'll have the 24" Samsung monitors in stock by then Woolies nice and big though
    ADSL 4Mb & DG834GT | Ex-Iburst, Ex-Sentech
    MYBroadband.co.za - Your electronic condom against those unwanted telecom infections !

yes, and don't forget the woolies further down simon vermooten next to highway.

I thought the small pnp and maybe the woolies would move up to the grove. I am mean, what is the use of having so many of the same shops in such close vicinity of each other

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast