Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ICASA blamed for Pay-TV competition delay

Default ICASA blamed for Pay-TV competition delay

New Pay-TV provider blames ICASA for launch delay

ODM CEO gives new planned launch date and comments on the delay in commercial services

I want a choice to pick stations I want and only pay for those.
    Stupid Icasa buggers up again.
    Ancient Chinese secret!

Eeish...!

Super Grandmaster
    Blog Entries

pay to view sounds good. /me points to dstv
    Telkom: "Resistance is futile, your money is ours!"

I suspect things aren't going as well as ODM planned and it's easier to blame ICASA...

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    I suspect things aren't going as well as ODM planned and it's easier to blame ICASA...
    +1

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnfpro View Post
    +1
    From personal experience, I know that ICASA are useless and a thorn in telecoms and communications in South Africa. Theyre useless greedy stupid ANC lapdogs.
    Last edited by ghoti; 02-09-2009 at 08:04 AM.
    "To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist. That is all..." - Oscar Wilde

ODM's website had been down for how long? Is that also ICASA's fault? Would have been nice to at least have a page up, with a progress bar, so that everybody knows where they are i.t.o launching, and who is waiting for whom. The "Site is down for maintenance" just doesn't do it for me.

Blog Entries

I lay the blame at ODM's door. ICASA is just a convenient scapegoat.

Quote Originally Posted by brilliantt View Post
    I lay the blame at ODM's door. ICASA is just a convenient scapegoat.
    Very true.

ODM's not entirely honest here.They planned to use a playout center in Munchen,now all of a sudden the uplink is the problem.
    "Never debate with an educated fool..."

Blog Entries

Wow thats a lot of new posters with strong opinions in defence of ICASA.... very strange.
    "To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist. That is all..." - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by w1z4rd View Post
    Wow thats a lot of new posters with strong opinions in defence of ICASA.... very strange.
    Sadly , they'll learn.
    Neo-Luddite - Permanent Darwin award candidates
    Shaping Explained here
    Do you Oink! ?

Blog Entries

Can't we just blame both - ODM should put more pressure on Icasa through whatever means possible (i.e. step one - draw the media's attention to the problem and kick up a fuss or at least act like you want the license). Icasa needs to get their act together and start meeting their deadlines.

I know they are terrified of litigation so every decision becomes and impossible mountain to climb but they must just make peace with the fact that operators are going to sue the bejeebers out of them and find a way to operate despite this. I don't know how but I do know the Competition Commission gets it right, SATRA was also getting things done so it's not impossible.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cara View Post
    I don't know how but I do know the Competition Commission gets it right, SATRA was also getting things done so it's not impossible.
    The CC seem to have non-Telkom approved staff that have a clue.. that might be the big difference?

Quote Originally Posted by w1z4rd View Post
    I didn't even mention ICASA, or is it a case of, "if your not with me, your against me" kind of reasoning?

IMO, ODM could have handled the whole thing much better. Information would have been nice, weekly updates would have been better. Even 'n pop-up, with a notice to say that they are waiting for "x" to do "something", would have been nice.

I'm sure that ICASA wouldn't be able to take them to court, if they where named as the source of the delay. It is true after all.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast