Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: DSTV no Audio

Grandmaster

Default DSTV no Audio

Hi!

I first want so say thank you to all the contributors here. I've never had to post here before - always been able to find a thread that solves my problem. So here's my first post:

About three days ago, my DSTV audio just stop working. It is as if I am not receiving an audio signal. Changing channels or resetting the decoder doesn't help and it's been like this for a few days now. The problem is not with the TV as the normal channels have audio. I also (in a attempt to narrow down the problem) recorded a few seconds of DSTV with my VCR and when played back, the is also no audio.

So I guess my question is this: Is it possible for the DSTV decoder to have a problem like this? Is it a known issue? Or am I missing something?

Thank you in advance!

Viva

Semper in amor
    semper in excretia sumus solum profundum variat

Grandmaster

Hi chutzpah44

I read that thread, but it doesn't offer a solution, or at least one that works for me. My audio doesn't come and go - it went and now stays away

Thank you for your quick reply though!

Are both ends of your cables plugged in properly? (The television and the decoder) I had an issue this weekend where one of my cables split so my audio was only coming through one channel. Replaced them and they work again.

Grandmaster

had the same issue a while back...tried everything....unplugging and all that....gave MultiChoice a call....they assisted me in resetting my decoder....the pulling out of power does not do the reset thang....anyways thats sorted out the issue.
    BSG -the best show on SciFi at the moment.

Grandmaster

@ iceman23 : I checked the cables and they all seem fine.

@ yebocan : I reset my decoder by pressing the on/off and the TV/♪ buttons at the same time. Is this what they told you to do or was it a 'deeper' reset?
    Last edited by Viva; 08-09-2009 at 02:33 PM.

Well, if none of the above worked, just take the decoder to the Multichoice office at N1 city, not sure if there is others, and they will check it for you for free
    "If it ain't broke, do not fix it!"

Unlimited Free Broadband www.ctwug.za.net

Grandmaster

Awesome, I think I'll try that. Thank you!

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    @ yebocan : I reset my decoder by pressing the on/off and the TV/♪ buttons at the same time. Is this what they told you to do or was it a 'deeper' reset?
    Once I had a problem similar to this and the front panel reset didn't fix the issue. Only switching the power off at the electrical socket and waiting a couple of seconds and switching back on fixed it.

Also seeing as you didn't mention it, did you try push the v+ button on your remote a whole bunch of times
    Last edited by Gambit; 08-09-2009 at 02:49 PM.

Grandmaster

Gambit, tried that as well. I'm on my way to Multichoice now, hopefully they can gelp me.

Super Grandmaster

If you have an amp that has a digital audio coaxial input, then you can try that as well (assuming you have one of the newer decoders with this output). The volume on that one is fixed.

Grandmaster

Right

I just came back from Multichoice. They reset the decoder by pressing and holding the on/off and the TV/♪ buttons for about 8 seconds, and then pressing the TV/♪ button and the P- button simultaneously. That fixed it.

Thank you for all your input!