Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 12 1 234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Telkom not to blame for slow broadband

Default Telkom not to blame for slow broadband

Telkom says it is not to blame for slow broadband

Telkom says it cannot be blamed for slow broadband services at the Durban-based ‘pigeon company’

Obviously they won't accept responsibility - thats the problem with the industry over the last year or so. If someone makes a mistake, they blame someone else. VC and MTN blame Telkom and Telkom blame VC and MTN. Nobody want to accept responsibility and fix it and provide a better service to their clients. Its easier just to say its not our fault and continue as is...

Will this ever change?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull View Post
    Being a Bulls fan is not about winning or losing. It's like a religion....

Obvious response. Its never Telkom!

Its allways the billing software
    Its allways the staff
    Its allways the load on the system
    ect ect

They never accept responsiblity
    50GB @lantic.net Fat Pipe + Uncapped Bolt-On =

Blog Entries

Excuses, excuses. We've heard it all before.

Go Winston!
    Jägermeiʃter can fix that!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cavedog View Post
    Obvious response. Its never Telkom!

Its allways the billing software
    Its allways the staff
    Its allways the load on the system
    ect ect

They never accept responsiblity
    It's the SAT-3 cable
    It's your ISP
    It's your router
    It's NOT Telkom
    Jägermeiʃter can fix that!

Awwwwe, is someone being mean to Telkom? Breaks my heart.
    ----
    "I will return in darkness, and be seen."

Blog Entries

Go and look at some of the thread titles in this forum and you will have your answer.....

Quote Originally Posted by rpm View Post
    Telkom says it is not to blame for slow broadband

Telkom says it cannot be blamed for slow broadband services at the Durban-based ‘pigeon company’
    My response to the news item last night was "And just imagine if they took a 128gig memory stick and stuck it to Winston!"

Winston would still fly the same amount of time, with more data... making carrier pigeon's the ULTIMATE form of data transfer!

Super Grandmaster
    Blog Entries

Um ... right... Telkom had nothing to do with the ADSL line, exchange etc... used in the race.

I forget... who else has an ADSL network in that area... or the country actually... ummm... ooooh... errrrr....

Ya right Telkom.... bleat summore!

Whatever your feelings about Telkom might be, their response holds merit. ADSL is not meant to be used for uploading data between offices. You are free to get a dedicated link from Telkom, Neotel, Vodacom or whoever offers data links.

ADSL is meant for best effort internet and nothing else. Yes, it might be "slow" for mission critical business purposes, but then if it is that important, you should buy a proper service instead of trying to blame a product that is being used outside of its designed purpose.

PS: Pigeons may be faster over 70km, but the ping time is 5 hours and it won't win from JHB to CT.

PPS: The Unlimited are telemarketers who call you and try to hard sell you SOS Assist services on your cellphone. They have called me at least 6 times in 2 years. My hate for them is unbounded.

Yes, we need faster broadband in this country. It will happen. Pulling stupid, unscientific publicity stunts is not the way to go about it.

The only thing that this whole saga has highlighted, is that bandwidth in this country is exorbitant in price, and is one of the major factors in companies not being able to grow past a certain size, without forking out 10's of thousands a month on dedicated lines.

Wasn't the call centre industry supposed to benefit from cheaper rates, like the schools was supposed to get?

That's it Telkom pass the blame on to some else.

At least we Telkom is consistent in one area that is not taking the blame for any of it's services. (and that we can always rely on)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz{M} View Post
    Whatever your feelings about Telkom might be, their response holds merit. ADSL is not meant to be used for uploading data between offices. You are free to get a dedicated link from Telkom, Neotel, Vodacom or whoever offers data links.

ADSL is meant for best effort internet and nothing else. Yes, it might be "slow" for mission critical business purposes, but then if it is that important, you should buy a proper service instead of trying to blame a product that is being used outside of its designed purpose.

PS: Pigeons may be faster over 70km, but the ping time is 5 hours and it won't win from JHB to CT.

PPS: The Unlimited are telemarketers who call you and try to hard sell you SOS Assist services on your cellphone. They have called me at least 6 times in 2 years. My hate for them is unbounded.

Yes, we need faster broadband in this country. It will happen. Pulling stupid, unscientific publicity stunts is not the way to go about it.
    What is the cost of a 4mb diginet line? What is the price of training a pigeon? I don't know....I think the pigeon still wins

While the experiment was entertaining, it says nothing about the speed or price of broadband. A pigeon with a flash disc can easily outperform a 100 Mbps fibre connection, given that the distance is sufficiently small in relation to the flash disk size.

Page 1 of 12 1 234511 ... LastLast