Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: VAS Bolt-ON - Free BlackBerry Internet Service

Default VAS Bolt-ON - Free BlackBerry Internet Service

VAS Bolt-ON (Free BlackBerry Internet Service i.e. unlimited email Unlimited Facebook, Twitter etc and unlimited on device browsing)

does any one know what this means in small print english?

Is it worth while? or just a gimik?
    Travel the World_

Not sure but would love this for my SE X1 as well and you can do it on the X1
    #FREEISRAEL

Super Grandmaster

It's the real deal. My dad has the Blackberry with that. Browsing is really free on your phone. But you can't use it to dial up from your computer though (for obvious reasons).
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickster View Post
    Why is everyone going ape **** over this car, it looks like junk and the performance must be too.
    Quote Originally Posted by KSINGH View Post
    Oh no you didn't

Quote Originally Posted by sean12 View Post
    VAS Bolt-ON (Free BlackBerry Internet Service i.e. unlimited email Unlimited Facebook, Twitter etc and unlimited on device browsing)

Free? They charge r59 per month for Blackberry, dont they?

Anyway - it's definitely worth the money.
    "Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien." FM Arouet
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience" Unknown
    Ron White was right

Quote Originally Posted by froot View Post
    It's the real deal. My dad has the Blackberry with that. Browsing is really free on your phone. But you can't use it to dial up from your computer though (for obvious reasons).
    Are there any limitations to the sites you can go to. can emails be "popped"?

I am not too worried about speed but is it 3G or EDGE
    Travel the World_

If you have the service it is basically unlimited free internet and email like they say but the size limit of downloads is limited. For files like mp3's and exe's it is around 35MB, email attachments must be under 3MB each so its still a damn good service. The first month I got my BB Bold I used around 3GB of bandwidth. You don't get deals like this very often anymore.

from the vodacom website

Email messages received using the BlackBerry Internet Service cannot exceed 8 MB (Limited to 5 MB for the attachment plus 3 MB for the email message), regardless of the size of the customer's email mailbox.
    Streaming (data/content transmitted in real time, over the Internet, viewed on a cellular handset) will be billed in accordance with the customer's prevailing data tariff plan and will not constitute part of the unlimited on-device browsing (reading content on websites, on the Internet, from a cellular handset) offer.
    File download using the BlackBerry Internet Service is supported and you should be able to download BlackBerry supported file types. The maximum size supported is as follows:

2MB for Blackberry-supported document files
    5MB for BlackBerry-supported media files

Have a look here

How do they know if you are using it on your phone or as a modem on your pc?
    #FREEISRAEL

Quote Originally Posted by marine1 View Post
    How do they know if you are using it on your phone or as a modem on your pc?
    Does not matter how you connect , you will get billed for using the phone as a modem as it uses the internet apn as appose to the FREE BB apn.

can msn be used for free perhaps?

Yes MSN, GTalk etc can be used free on the BIS service. The Google Sync for BB is very neat. Not user if it kills the battery - I'm not getting more that 1.5 days from my BB.

Just to clear up something here, the above would apply to a Blackberry Handset only and as mentioned before _not_ FREE but a bundled at R59.00 pm

There is a different option called Blackberry Connect which is compatible with other non-Blackberry handsets (see below) only which only provides _Email_ services, not Internet browsing, IM, Twitter etc.

BlackBerry

Pearl 8100 8700v 8707v 8800

8310 8100 8900 Storm 9500

7130v Pearl 8110 7290 Bold 9000

Curve 8520

HTC

TyTn II

Nokia

E61i 6810 E90

Siemens

SK65

Sony Ericsson