Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 69 of 74 FirstFirst ... 19596566676869 70717273 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1105

Thread: *READ FIRST* Vodacom Problems: Slow Throughput, Trying to Connect, DNS, High Latency

Quote Originally Posted by unwind View Post
    Please can someone check the Seekoeihoek tower in Magaliesburg. For the last couple of days there has been an issue, you have to physically disconnect the modem and reconnect if you leave the connection standing idle. Its only been happening since around Monday or so, before I could leave my connection all day and it would be able to send/receive. Signal strength is fine and this occurs anytime of day. Thanks.
    Hi , i have checked and there are performance issues reported.You can however send me the details and i will escalate it for you.

Grandmaster

Default Vodacom Service Outage?

1) Location: Bellville, Western Cape
    2) Time of issue: 03:00, 3 Feb 2012
    3) Device: Samsung Galaxy S+
    4) Contract Type (pre-paid, contract, hybrid): Contract
    5) Signal Strength: -75 dBm 20 asu
    6) Mobile Network Type: UMTS
    7) Service State: Out of service

Boksburg site decomissioned - Westwood

Symptoms experienced:

Please note that we are experiencing very weak to no signal in Beyers Park, Westwood areas in Boksburg. This is due to a site that had to be taken down, due to disputes with the property owner.

Temporary Solution:

A mobile unit has been deployed to the area – this will however NOT completely resolve their issues. Signal will only stabilize and return to normal once a permanent solution has been found.

Regards

VD

Default Vodacom data network speeds in Johannesburg/Sandton

Hi guys,

I'm not sure if I'm the only who has noticed this, but the Vodacom data network speeds in and around Sandton have decreased dramatically since last year (approximately October). No matter where I go, the speed is absolutely pathetic although my phone and dongle will say it is an HSUPA connection.

Has anyone else experienced this?
    Quote Originally Posted by killadoob View Post
    Do you want to die? i can see linux users loading their shotguns as we speak

Is there a problem with the Vodacom network in and around Grahamstown? I seem to lose connection a lot and I have to rely on WiFi to access the internet on my BB. I have >80% signal so I don't think that is the problem. This has been going on for the last 10 days, give or take. I sometimes lose my BIS connection for hours at a time and it is really frustrating!
    Life is too short to remove the USB drive safely

Experiencing some major 3G signal loss in our office in Pretoria East (close to Menlyn shopping mall). No signal, then comes back to 20, 30%, then drops again. Wasn't like this - started a day or two ago.

Most of the Vodacom subscribers in our office experience the problem to some extend in the office.

This is surely not what we are paying for. Everyone is having problems. Look at this …

Latency: 148ms
    Download: 48kbps
    Upload: 68kbps

WTF?

This has been going on for a couple of days now. I lost about 270mb from my data contract. I got almost to the end of a 285mb dowmload when I got a timeout. Can I get that back please?

Sent from my Galaxy S II
    Last edited by OGroteKoning; 15-02-2012 at 10:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghoti View Post
    OGroteKoning's dog has a cool hat.
    All posts are naturally WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Default Vodacom is really really really really really really really BAD!!!!

When you first start you think maybe its the weather then maybe its just where i am then maybe vodacom are having some problems at the mo. But for the past 5 months that i have had the vodacom pre-paid 3g on my ipad2 it has been 3g maybe twice the rest of the time only Edge. Its slow, useless and not going to be used anymore. Its really sad when a 3g paid for service is slower than my old, out of date iburst terminal. I am very disappointed with them as a provider and was using this as a test bed for all of our ipad connections and then our cellular services as well but that i will skip comletely. Over this time we also tested CellC and it seems they have one this race. Sorry Vodacom but because of your ****ty services and connection speeds you lost. Judging from this thread clearly this is not an isolated problem with you guys. Area's tested include, Roodepoort (Weltevreden Park), Randparkridge, Fairlands, Sandton City, Midrand (New Road and Olifantsfontein), Florida in roodepoort, Centurian (midrand side), Honeydew, Wilropark, and krugersdorp. I hope that helps anybody else who might think of trying these rather disappointing people.

Default exreemly slow vodacom internet

Please could anybody on this form help.........me

My frustration levels with regards to my vodacom Internet has now reached a level where i either just stop paying for the service...or vodacom get their act together and start providing a service i pay for.

I have 3 vodacom accounts...."yes stupid me"...and pay over 3k a month to hem...."shame on me"...i am the idiot.
    Have just did a upgrade with them 2 months ago and feel now like a old dog going back to his regurgitated vomit.

NONE THE LESS...............

MY modem VODACOM k3805-z says its connected at hsupa...at 16%

The web pages takes up o 15 minutes to load......I might just as well have a modem dial-up from 10 years ago.
    The amount of dropped lines is staggering.

I am running on linux mint and stay in the Randburg Robin hills area.

If anyone can direct me i would be greatly appreciative.

Vodacom i will not renew my up coming second contact with u.
    My data package i have to live with for the next year and a 1/2......and that will change.

I've given up on Vodacom a long time ago. Been complaining for years now and its just getting worse.

Now I'm on the Cell C 5GB prepaid package and is much more reliable than Vodacom's pathetic excuse of a network. Unfortunately I still have to deal with the crap service on my mobile.

Bottom line is, its never going to get better people, so just jump ship and at least try the other providers out there. You have nothing to lose.

If it's a data provider you want, PLEASE give Vodacom a miss.

Trust me on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by UtianG View Post
    I've given up on Vodacom a long time ago. Been complaining for years now and its just getting worse.

Now I'm on the Cell C 5GB prepaid package and is much more reliable than Vodacom's pathetic excuse of a network. Unfortunately I still have to deal with the crap service on my mobile.

Bottom line is, its never going to get better people, so just jump ship and at least try the other providers out there. You have nothing to lose.

If it's a data provider you want, PLEASE give Vodacom a miss.

Trust me on this one.
    Going to cancel my contract ASAP. Been getting speeds worse than dial-up nowadays (pinging google gives me 2500 to 3500ms response times). Have called VC customer care a couple of times, but there is nothing wrong with the network apparently, so I assume the horrible speed is normal then. Thanks VC for selling me data I can't use.

Grahamstown coverage still crap...I lose EDGE on my BB every night for a few hours, and also on my Android.

*sigh*
    Life is too short to remove the USB drive safely

Vodacom signal seems to be down in Onder Papegaaiberg in Stellenbosch since yesterday. Two people I am aware of experiencing this. Anyone else? Where do we report this?

LOL, option 3 on 082 155 doesn't work.
    Last edited by AJKock; 19-03-2012 at 12:38 PM.

Default Fourways issue

Seems Vodacom are having an issue in Fourways. Specifically Magalliesig
    Everyone can hear me but I cannot hear them clearly, breaking up, sounding like a robot.
    Started yesterday evening, I did report it.
    Anyone else having issues?
    As soon as you leave this are it is back to normal.
    #FREEISRAEL

... and Paulshof ... and Sunninhill.

Seems there's an issue around these parts. Yesterday was getting 1000ms+ pings at 0.02 uploads - today it's DEAD. Won't evevn do a speedtest
    http://www.riverbed.com/

Jägermeiʃter can fix that!

Page 69 of 74 FirstFirst ... 19596566676869 70717273 ... LastLast