Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast

Thread: More free electricity to the poor

Default More free electricity to the poor

More free power to the poor

Eskom wants to increase the basic free electricity allocation to poor households from 50 kilowatts to between 70 and 100 kilowatts next year, CEO Jacob Maroga said on Tuesday.

Blog Entries

hmm, by then I might just be permanently in the "poor" category

At this pace, it won't be long before we are all "poor". If only my salary could keep pace with all these increases.

That's nice, let them pay for it using executive salary reductions. Fail. If I could write some swearwords in front of fail without upsetting the masses I would have done that. This is absolute rubbish. EPIC BLOODY FAIL.

Anyone wanna start a 'get off the grid completely' user group?

Super Grandmaster

Woot.

Now, lets define a household:
    - A household is a residence where at least one person resides. It is entitled to it's free electricity every month.

Now, lets capture the names of these people that live in these households who are entitled to their free electricity.
    - Name
    - Id Number
    - Address, as approved by a local community leader, who can be bribed with a quart of black label (Initially, as time moves on, the bribes will become more expensive, and the community leader's cars will get more extravagant)

Now, issue each registered "household representative" person with their electricity card.

Now, an enterprising person can gather all these cards, and use them on his power metre, and sell off his electricity to others who are not as organised for a small profit.

He can also feed back some profit to the original owners of the electricity card, which will encourage them to get their cousins and aunts and random people to also register their "household", so that they can benefit from the free electricity re-sale.

Awesome system, in the end, the middle to lower income person loses out big-time, and cartels of organised abuse will form who will end up warring with each other to maintain control of this free resource.

Meh

Thumbs down

The person who writes these articles should learn the difference between kW and kWH..
    Please help me get some bit coin by going http://www.bitcoinplus.com/generate?for=9877330 thanks

50 kilowatts to between 70 and 100 kilowatts
    Don't you mean kilowatt hours? It doesn't mean much to talk about kilowatts when talking about electricity allocation. And is that kilowatt hours per month?

Our power system is under such strain that we encourage load shedding and power conservation at night, yet we give away more power to the least productive part of the population. It may sound harsh, I admit but when your crying for funds, milking your economy generating class for more and more, you DON'T give away what you don't have.

Personal power generation is going to become more and more popular.
    Neo-Luddite - Permanent Darwin award candidates
    Shaping Explained here
    Do you Oink! ?

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by davemc View Post
    Woot.

Now, lets define a household:
    - A household is a residence where at least one person resides. It is entitled to it's free electricity every month.

Now, lets capture the names of these people that live in these households who are entitled to their free electricity.
    - Name
    - Id Number
    - Address, as approved by a local community leader, who can be bribed with a quart of black label (Initially, as time moves on, the bribes will become more expensive, and the community leader's cars will get more extravagant)

Now, issue each registered "household representative" person with their electricity card.

Now, an enterprising person can gather all these cards, and use them on his power metre, and sell off his electricity to others who are not as organised for a small profit.

He can also feed back some profit to the original owners of the electricity card, which will encourage them to get their cousins and aunts and random people to also register their "household", so that they can benefit from the free electricity re-sale.

Awesome system, in the end, the middle to lower income person loses out big-time, and cartels of organised abuse will form who will end up warring with each other to maintain control of this free resource.

Meh
    Not necessarily, if they introduce STS prepayment meters, most vending systems allocate an FBE token per meter.
    Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

A nice hike in the costs, yet they are giving away more and more KWh,
    nice.

whoot, more free handouts yay i can't wait to get even less at end of the month, just please slap it on me back there is plenty a space along side all other substituted handouts...
    Disclaimer: The use of my free time precludes any reproach.

Obviously you give away free things to the bulk of your voters.
    MY BLOED IS BLOU!
    Kick SANRAL in the gantries! DO NOT REGISTER OR BUY E-TAGS!
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Vrotappel-2351/

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Fudzy View Post
    Not necessarily, if they introduce STS prepayment meters, most vending systems allocate an FBE token per meter.
    True. One extra bribe is required then.
    Perhaps it's time we took a contract out on Murphy.

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by davemc View Post
    True. One extra bribe is required then.
    Pretty difficult to bribe an encryption algorithm, it would ALOT easier to just bypass the meter.
    Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

Grandmaster

On the plus side we will all soon be entitled to all these freebies if things carry on like this.

Utter madness. Milk....milk.....milk.....milk
    "We live in a monetary paradigm that demands infinite growth, so balance is not possible." Michael C. Ruppert

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast