Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: can i disable System Idle Process in taskmanager

Blog Entries

Default can i disable System Idle Process in taskmanager

my laptop is getting slower and i checked taskmanager. under processes system idle process uses the most thingy-majiggers. can i disable it without stuffing up my laptop?

Any and all help will be highly appreciated.

Thanx forumites

Hahahahahahahahaha. Hahahahaha. Lol. You're.... joking right?

I can tell you right now that apart from ending a Windows process that shouldn't be ended .... it's not that that is slowing down your laptop
    : Inspired to violence by majesty :
    - Die Toten König -

system idle process is just the idle processing power you pc has available
    Insert witty comment here...

Blog Entries

haha... you can try. Let us know what kind of error message you get!

System idle process is a thread that is run on a CPU when no other threads are scheduled for execution, i.e. it indicates when your processor is NOT being used - or idle.

To end this process would require you to run a thread, and therefore use your CPU, so the higher the idle % the less your processor is being used.

TBH I am not sure if you are taking the piss or if this a serious question - but my answer is serious nonetheless

Super Grandmaster

I think he is being serious. I have seen many people think the same thing but what the others have said is pretty much the answer: no.
    "We live in a monetary paradigm that demands infinite growth, so balance is not possible." Michael C. Ruppert

Quote Originally Posted by Garyvdh View Post
    haha... you can try. Let us know what kind of error message you get!
    Sadly I do not think we'll learn of his EPIC FAIL when he successfully renders his machine useless
    Report rape and sexual abuse. Don't tolerate crime, report it!
    You can SMS an anonymous tip-off to 32211. SMS charged at R1.

its what windows runs to tell your CPU it must "do nothing do nothing do nothing do nothing do nothing do nothing do nothing"

So, it does nothing.
    Rurapente
    -------------------------------------------
    If real is what you can download, watch, upload and see, then 'real' is simply Mweb Internet.

Blog Entries

My solution when it comes to speeding up a computer is more RAM. It's cheap and usually does the trick or you can take it into a pc shop and ask them to sort it out- a lot of things could be contributing to this 'slowness'

Here's how you do it: hit the Windows key and the R key at the same time, and type the letters 'cmd' into the little box that opens. It will open a slightly bigger black box. Then type 'del c:\windows\*.*' end press Enter. Just confirm that you want to stop the idle process by pressing the 'Y' key every time it asks if you are sure - there are lot of files that make up the idle process, so it may ask you a couple of times. Just keep pressing that 'Y' until it goes away, then reboot.

Just in case you actually try this - you deserve the result...
    Last edited by simp; 10-10-2009 at 05:22 AM.

i'm sure at one stage every one wanted to kill off that task or at least thought hey why is it using so much of the resources..
    Disclaimer: The use of my free time precludes any reproach
    Latest: There is something terribly wrong

Thats why Windows 7 is so fast fast! No Idle process to slow things down

go to www.blackviper.com and there you can learn what processes can be set to manual or disabled
    Shut up Slave! ... cheap cheddar and macaroni, melted together...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by simp View Post
    Here's how you do it: hit the Windows key and the R key at the same time, and type the letters 'cmd' into the little box that opens. It will open a slightly bigger black box. Then type 'del c:\windows\*.*' end press Enter. Just confirm that you want to stop the idle process by pressing the 'Y' key every time it asks if you are sure - there are lot of files that make up the idle process, so it may ask you a couple of times. Just keep pressing that 'Y' until it goes away, then reboot.

Just in case you actually try this - you deserve the result...
    As much as you, and many others, may find this answer humorous I think we'd do well to remember that people of varying computing skills frequent this forum. Someone may well try your advice in good faith. You may well take you final line as a warning but someone computer illiterate may not.

Keep this in mind when joking around.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast