Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: How to connect shoX speakers?

Default How to connect shoX speakers?

Ok so I got these little speakers, but have a few questions.

- Can I use the usb cable only (without the 3.5 m audio jack) connected to my laptop to get audio to the speakers? - it doesnt seem to work although there is an usb connection for audio

- Can I connect the usb charge and audio at the same time? - the manual indicates not - i think

- Is there a site that explains all the connections for this device, I cant find one; and the manual is not very helpful

Had my little shox for a while now. Its great fun. Here's the basics: The usb cable has only 2 wires in it, for charging. Sound never goes through the usb cable. You can play sound with the 3.5m audio jack while charging (my one works), and no, the manual is not very helpful and I've never seen a shox manual that is :P

If you want to connect like 5 of them in series, go to an electronics store and ask for an audio splitter (2channel to 4 or 6 channel), buy a little sound booster thingy to amp the sound, and then connect 6 shox in at the same time. Loud little buggers when theres a lot of them...
    I-Rah los Pruzah ahrk Mul
    IMA CHEMICAL ENGINEER WEO
    Agents are people too.
    Just because I'm technically bloody and imperialist doesn't prove anything!

Thanks.

but if sound never goes through the usb cable, why is there a usb port marked "Audio" ?

Also, I have the 2 pieces that magnetically connect. Do they always have to be magnetically connected while playing, or can you seperate them and still play audio?

OK figured it out! works brilliantly. thx

Quote Originally Posted by Kompete View Post
    Thanks.

but if sound never goes through the usb cable, why is there a usb port marked "Audio" ?

Also, I have the 2 pieces that magnetically connect. Do they always have to be magnetically connected while playing, or can you seperate them and still play audio?
    Sound can go through Audio BUT not on this particular device. The USB is just there to charge.

If anyone knows where you can get a replacement cable i'd like to know. Mine broke !
    "What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof." ~ Christopher Hitchens

My idea of "Help from above" is a sniper on a roof.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerfherder View Post
    Sound can go through Audio BUT not on this particular device. The USB is just there to charge.

If anyone knows where you can get a replacement cable i'd like to know. Mine broke !
    How do you break a cable?