Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Free credit report

Banned

Default Free credit report

Some time back I got my free credit report and it alerted me to two Telkom accounts on my name which were in arrears - Seeing as these were in my name, Telkom had no problem when I identified myself and closed the accounts while leaving them to per-sue the one that fraudulently opened the accounts in my name.
    I hear that Telkom has recovered the outstanding amounts, and seeing as more than one year has passed, I wanted to check on my credit records, but couldn't log on and got the following response to my query:
    Thank you for your enquiry. Please note that your product subscription has expired, thus the reason that your current username & password does not work. Please visit our website www.mytransunion.co.za or call us on 0861 482 482 to order a new product.
    I thought that we were entitled to one report per year?

Anyone know of another free source for credit reports?

Banned

Bloody transunion one doesn't seem to be working with Firefox! If that is the case they will never be used by me!

How do I know they won't just use my info?
    ---

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by psichron View Post
    They will... which is why i entered a false cell number and my spam-happy email address

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LancelotSA View Post
    Bloody transunion one doesn't seem to be working with Firefox! If that is the case they will never be used by me!
    Works fine for me. Don't be such a cheapskate, pay the 20 bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by psichron View Post
    They will... which is why i entered a false cell number and my spam-happy email address
    You guys are kidding? TransUnion? You're worried about TransUnion misusing your information?
    They have access to your bank records. They know how much money is in your account and where you last used your credit card and you're worried about your email address??
    If your cell phone is on contract ( or if you're rica compliant), they already know your cell number. Along with all the numbers you've called.
    Last edited by Madman88; 25-10-2009 at 07:06 AM.
    I am 13531

"Balance is the key to everything, without it we would just keep falling over."

Frankie..

You are only allowed a free report once a year but ONLY in your birth month. Any request outside this month is R20!

By entering new details such as new number or email address - you affect your credit score.

And Transunion does not have access to bank accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by SyncSA View Post
    Frankie..

You are only allowed a free report once a year but ONLY in your birth month. Any request outside this month is R20!
    Just use this link from the other thread I mentioned to get it free at any time

Quote Originally Posted by Necuno View Post
    NB: XDS report only.

Default mnr.

I want to get my ITC status, please!!

I wannt to get my ITC status. please!!

Default Mr Andre Louw

Need to obtain a Credit clearence from you. My ID no is 7410285096081.

Thanking you

Mr A. Louw

Banned

Forget about a free report even in your birth month. They send you a code to use to enter your report but when you use it even on the same day, it will say that it has expired. Then you have to go the whole toot of sending them " proof of address, ID copy. etc". They have done this with me for 3 years in my birth month. This is against the law. Not so?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast