Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter



Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Afrikaans Office Word Spell Checker?

  1. #1

    Default Afrikaans Office Word Spell Checker?

    Hi,

    Is there a Afrikaans spell checker available for Office Word? If so, where can i find it - it seems there are only other spell checkers available, but not for the Word program.

  2. #2

    Default

    I've seen one around... I'll try get hold of it again and post a link

  3. #3

  4. #4

  5. #5

    Default Not for MS Office but for OpenOffice.org, Firefox and Thunderbird


  6. #6
    Super Grandmaster Park@82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Pretoria
    Posts
    8,808

    Default

    I just had to install a Afrikaans spell checker. And had a quick look at the options given here.

    http://www.spel.co.za/ wants you to pay it seems...

    http://www.wspel.co.za/ wants you to set the language in windows and does not give you a option to set it on Office as far as I can see.

    Had a look at my old files and came across a program called "Afrikaanse Speltoetser 3" don't know where I got it but it works well with office 2007.
    "Why is there something rather than nothing?"
    Gottfried Leibniz

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Park@82 View Post
    I just had to install a Afrikaans spell checker. And had a quick look at the options given here.

    http://www.spel.co.za/ wants you to pay it seems...

    http://www.wspel.co.za/ wants you to set the language in windows and does not give you a option to set it on Office as far as I can see.

    Had a look at my old files and came across a program called "Afrikaanse Speltoetser 3" don't know where I got it but it works well with office 2007.
    Hi can you send me the afrikaans speltoetser 3 ?

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dablue View Post
    Hi can you send me the afrikaans speltoetser 3 ?
    Try the free "Pharos Afrikaanse Speltoetser" http://nuwegeskiedenis.co.za/pharos-...e-speller-new/

  9. #9
    Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Mistbelt, KZN
    Posts
    2,930

    Default

    I just click on Tools->Language->Set Language and select Afrikaans...

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by geezer View Post
    Try the free "Pharos Afrikaanse Speltoetser" http://nuwegeskiedenis.co.za/pharos-...e-speller-new/
    This link does not work any more. Try this rather http://www.microsoft.com/af-za/downl....aspx?id=35400

  11. #11

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spitshot View Post
    This link does not work any more. Try this rather http://www.microsoft.com/af-za/downl....aspx?id=35400
    Here is the new link for the Pharos spell checker: http://myfundi.co.za/Pharos_Speltoetser_latest_3-0.zip
    More info: http://newhistory.co.za/afrikaans-speller/

  13. #13

    Default

    Sorry for bumping this thread after so long but does anyone still have a downloadable copy of Pharos_Speltoetser_latest_3-0.zip somewhere? It seems the myfundi.co.za site is offline and the rest no longer host the file to download.

    Also if someone has an equivalent alternative not already mentioned above that is available for free, that info would also be appreciated.

    Thanks

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •