Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast

Thread: Looking for Junior IT staff/Trainee

Default Looking for Junior IT staff/Trainee

Hey Guys,

Our business has grown to a point, and will soon expand further when we take over another business, where from time to time we find ourselves stretched very thin. To alleviate the pressure we are looking for somebody who is PC literate and trying to enter the IT industry. This person need not have any experience and will be trained. The only requirement is that they have a car!

We looking for somebody who is keen to learn, and understands that the position is VERY junior. Working hours can be flexible, i.e. a student who can only work half day etc. There are no other requirements.

PM me if you are interested, or post any questions here and I will take it from there....

PS - sorry this is not in the Job section; the position is not fixed and open to negotiation depending on what the candidate requires....

Might I suggest you post the city/region at least of your advert unless you love pm spam.
    Neo-Luddite - Permanent Darwin award candidates
    Shaping Explained here
    Do you Oink! ?

Good idea: Joburg

Would be brilliant if I can do it between my CCNA and CCNP studies, if it's related to that field and my retrenchment approved

Still have to wait though

Ideally we are looking for a full time person....

Quote Originally Posted by Conradl View Post
    Hey Guys,

Our business has grown to a point, and will soon expand further when we take over another business, where from time to time we find ourselves stretched very thin. To alleviate the pressure we are looking for somebody who is PC literate and trying to enter the IT industry. This person need not have any experience and will be trained. The only requirement is that they have a car!

We looking for somebody who is keen to learn, and understands that the position is VERY junior. Working hours can be flexible, i.e. a student who can only work half day etc. There are no other requirements.

PM me if you are interested, or post any questions here and I will take it from there....

PS - sorry this is not in the Job section; the position is not fixed and open to negotiation depending on what the candidate requires....
    Sound like something I did a few days ago I was looking for a intern. Got a MCSE, Linux and a host of other qualifications snot nose. This guy has more papers than what I have but OMG as thick as brick. I am not sure what these colleges are producing but Technicians are not one of them. All he did so far was install KLite codec to watch some movie that was on one of the computers. (I almost smacked the pink off his face).

Good luck I hope you get a better candidate than what I ended up with.
    BB9300 MTN BIS
    MUST READ BLOG

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by bex.cpt View Post
    This guy has more papers than what I have but OMG as thick as brick.
    Papers mean nothing without experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheri_N View Post
    Wanna shag Skootvreter? Oh God, before you answer that question... why Skootvreter?
    View the epicness here --->

Quote Originally Posted by Slootvreter View Post
    And both mean nothing without common sense....
    Soli Deo Gloria
    Jesus loves you as you are, not as you should be.

|GeckoStretchTents|DomainCheap|FixedAssetManagement|

In his case he might never get any EXPERIENCE

1st day on the job and he ends up watching freaking movies. I say another week and I am kicking this intern to the curb. When I entered the industry I was a eager beaver now a days you get these snot noses that goes to college and think they know EVERYTHING
    BB9300 MTN BIS
    MUST READ BLOG

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by bex.cpt View Post
    In his case he might never get any EXPERIENCE
    That's the vicious circle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheri_N View Post
    Wanna shag Skootvreter? Oh God, before you answer that question... why Skootvreter?
    View the epicness here --->

I know, but his attitude is so wrong. Show some initiative instead of downloading crap to watch movie. He qualified in 2008 and this is the 1st job his had since completing his studies.

So I am not paying him a fortune but damn, anyway like I said 1 more week then I will know if his MUSTARD or just plain KETCHUP
    BB9300 MTN BIS
    MUST READ BLOG

That's why we want to take somebody who wants to learn and train them. Hire for attitude; train for aptitude....

You get dumbasses with or without qualifications and/or with or without experience.

That's why you need to make sure that you play your cards well during the interview process and when drafting the contract. Test their knowledge a bit during the interview process and make sure that the contract states that the first 3 months will be a probational period whereby either party may terminate employment with 1 days notice.
    Quote Originally Posted by BBSA View Post
    All I'm saying is that even idiots can pass metric in SA

Quote Originally Posted by Conradl View Post
    That's why we want to take somebody who wants to learn and train them. Hire for attitude; train for aptitude....
    WOW that's well put. Can I use that when next I advertise for a intern ?
    BB9300 MTN BIS
    MUST READ BLOG

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast