Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Council

Default Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Council

Something to think about
    I have been scouting in the Johannesburg area for suitable locations to broadcast from, when I noticed 5.8 GHz transmission equipment. I established that it belongs to the Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Council. An employee informed me that it is indeed licenced for 5.8 GHz and now, I wonder how did they obtain the licence. Again, whilst visiting Richards Bay over the long weekend, I noticed Absa transmitting their ATM data on 2,4 GHz over public roads and as well as the Metropolitan Council Richards Bay that is using 2.5ghz , the same question crops up.

(oh yes is there anybody on myadsl forum that can tell us were we can find high sites JHB areas only , fee internet for the person that has i high site or we will pay a monthy fee.)

www.sawireless.co.za

Super Grandmaster

I know govmint has various licences for it's ever expanding network. Their NW costs them to the tune for some 4/5 mil a month. Cape-Town just upgraded theirs ...