Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter



Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Consumer Protection Act

  1. #1
    Garfield's Teddy Pooky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Neverland
    Posts
    24,189

    Default Consumer Protection Act

    Does anyone have somewhere can download or read a copy, or knows about it?

    Reason I ask is I want to find out if a customer has the right to have a full cash refund even if the store the product was purchased from gives credits for exchange and not cash refunds.

    Thanks
    domaincheap.co.za
    Only one of these adds to your value as a human being: Consuming things other people have made or making your own.
    link

  2. #2
    SmoothOokerMaximus The_Librarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Gormenghast
    Posts
    87,936
    Blog Entries
    19

    Default

    credit refunds est teh sux because it forces you to buy from only that store.
    Christ-mass is NOT for Christians. Jeremiah 10.
    Is the 10 Commandments for Christians?

    Saturday is the Seventh day, Sunday is the first day.

  3. #3
    Super Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Lubyanka Prison
    Posts
    9,776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pooky View Post
    Does anyone have somewhere can download or read a copy, or knows about it?

    Reason I ask is I want to find out if a customer has the right to have a full cash refund even if the store the product was purchased from gives credits for exchange and not cash refunds.

    Thanks

    Maybe it also protects the consumer from BoB scammers, hey Pooks.
    "Non-commercial native" It's tattooed in your veins.

  4. #4

  5. #5
    Super Grandmaster Sackboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    LittleBIGPlanet
    Posts
    5,604

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pooky View Post
    Does anyone have somewhere can download or read a copy, or knows about it?

    Reason I ask is I want to find out if a customer has the right to have a full cash refund even if the store the product was purchased from gives credits for exchange and not cash refunds.

    Thanks
    I think it depends on the reason. If you simply made a wrong choice, then they can give you a credit note and charge you a restocking fee.

    If the item was faulty or something, then you have to ASK for a refund.
    ...

  6. #6
    Garfield's Teddy Pooky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Neverland
    Posts
    24,189

    Default

    No if the item is not faulty, they just are bringing it back because they don't want it.
    domaincheap.co.za
    Only one of these adds to your value as a human being: Consuming things other people have made or making your own.
    link

  7. #7
    Spammer be gone bug spray ic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    A nearby event horizon
    Posts
    14,208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rwenzori View Post
    Maybe it also protects the consumer from BoB scammers, hey Pooks.
    Oddly enough I was thinking exactly what you were thinking when I saw this thread, it's spooky how that happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooky View Post
    No if the item is not faulty, they just are bringing it back because they don't want it.


    If you [Z] decide to buy X from Y, and you [Z] receive X from Y, and you [Z] have paid Y for X, then it is a done deal, and you cannot undo what has already been done bcos you [Z] don't want X any more, but let us know what the law says about this.

  8. #8
    Garfield's Teddy Pooky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Neverland
    Posts
    24,189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ic View Post
    If you [Z] decide to buy X from Y, and you [Z] receive X from Y, and you [Z] have paid Y for X, then it is a done deal, and you cannot undo what has already been done bcos you [Z] don't want X any more, but let us know what the law says about this.
    I'm trying to find out just that.

    Personally I think if the store has a no refund policy but will exchange the item then that should be fine.
    domaincheap.co.za
    Only one of these adds to your value as a human being: Consuming things other people have made or making your own.
    link

  9. #9

    Default

    AFAIK, the act has been signed into law but only comes into effect in October 2010.
    'The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws', Tacitus | http://www.flickr.com/photos/milano2001

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •