Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Google Apps: How do I get a standard account

Default Google Apps: How do I get a standard account

I wish to use Google Apps for our small study group--but I do not have a domain name. How do I get a Google apps standard account? if I have a Gmail account does this mean I have the Standard Google Apps by default?

S

I was on myBB when I posted this, then caught another wave elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Smiley_lauf View Post
    I wish to use Google Apps for our small study group--but I do not have a domain name. How do I get a Google apps standard account? if I have a Gmail account does this mean I have the Standard Google Apps by default?

S
    You will need a domain name. You can register a .com for about $7.67 once-off for the first year, at most reputable (Use discount code: 749aprmo ) places.

You can then proceed with the registration using this domain name.

And no, a Gmail account does not mean you have the Standard Apps by default. You have to register first.
    Last edited by Khyron; 12-01-2010 at 07:10 PM.
    Sometimes you just have to take the leap, and build your wings on the way down.

Well, I wouldn't go so far as to fully endorse godaddy... at least according to the suckage-scale. What is the suckage-scale you may ask? Just type in (whatever) sucks into google and see what comes up.

namecheap sucks: 15 400
    godaddy sucks: 139 000

Clearly, godaddy sucks more. Take all this with a bag of salt, of course.

I was on myBB when I posted this, then caught another wave elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by D.B.Cooper View Post
    Well, I wouldn't go so far as to fully endorse godaddy... at least according to the suckage-scale. What is the suckage-scale you may ask? Just type in (whatever) sucks into google and see what comes up.

namecheap sucks: 15 400
    godaddy sucks: 139 000

Clearly, godaddy sucks more. Take all this with a bag of salt, of course.
    Been using them for years without any problem whatsoever. I moved over from 1&1 to Godaddy when they started to offer more value for money.
    Sometimes you just have to take the leap, and build your wings on the way down.