Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Neotel's call centre...

Default Neotel's call centre...

...is pretty much summed up in the following:

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/customer_service
    "You can't get rid of poverty by giving people money."

Super Grandmaster

Yup yup.

Why do they hide the phone number on their site?
    - Well, the only way that they can validate all the money that they spent on the website that you have paid for, over and over, with it's useless features, is to create problems and then force you to "browse" through the website, thereby increasing the hit-count, and justifying their initial spend of your money on the crappy website.

Why do they not have one phone number for support? That way there will be no need for "speak your section" or menu's?
    - Because somebody is getting a kickback from the person who sells the "automated" systems.

Why do they insist on moving through a checklist of possible problems instead of just listening to the problem and then advising accordingly? That way, a simple "i don't know" would actually be a viable answer.
    - Because the company prides itself in having an answer for every situation, even though this is absolutely impossible, the company fools itself into believing that it is god-like, and, it can solve anything and everything just by never ever using the words "i don't know". This drives the support people into insanity, and they leave, and are replaced by others that must be driven to insanity. Just ask an executive why they have a high staff turnover in the support department. Watch how they will not admit that they don't know. Then ask them who won the second wimbledon tennis cup, and watch how they squirm ... they have begun to believe their own brainwashing, and will never ever say : I don't know.

sigh
    just been on the line to them
    besides telling you to reset the router they have no clue - so then took a few minutes of dead silence and holding to get a reference umber
    300048140 - hugo if you doing anything, please try and get this connection sorted out, it is a nightmare at the moment.

I just want to know how difficult is it to implement an automatic message when the network goes down, with an E.T.A on when the network will be back up. And why does the customer realize there is something wrong with the network 3 hours before call centre knows about it.

I cried while LOL, thanks Venom, that's spot on.

Default LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by Venom Rush View Post
    ...is pretty much summed up in the following:

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/customer_service
    ah man, that was brilliant...... im rolling around in tears

Hugo

Default Notification

Quote Originally Posted by frobbertze View Post
    I just want to know how difficult is it to implement an automatic message when the network goes down, with an E.T.A on when the network will be back up. And why does the customer realize there is something wrong with the network 3 hours before call centre knows about it.
    Good point there, luckily its something i've been pondering myself for a while.
    As we speak (ok ok, daylight hours, don't take me literally) we're working with IT to auto send a message to all service numbers (i'm debating this cause i think Cell numbers is more viable, reason being if the service suddenly crashes, of course you not going to get the sms on your neotel service #) that there is a service failure our outage or whatever it may be causing you to be in the dark so to speak.

I'll remeber to patch update here for you all.

Hugo

@Hugo.
    I'm sorry, but having someone on the other end telling you that, no there is nothing wrong with the service, and finding out later in the day that there is a problem on the neotel network is not something that an automated system is going to fix. The non existant communication at Neotel first needs to be fixed before trying to bring new technology into a broken system.

The problem lies in the fact that Neotel outsources a call center company who happens to be outsourced by a number of other companies as well.

Someone on Neotel's end has to contact the call center to tell them that the network is down and then this person at the call center needs to relay the message to all the consultants.

Anyone care to take a guess at whether the game Broken Telephone is played here or not
    "You can't get rid of poverty by giving people money."

No matter who I speak to I always get standard responses. The most popular one is that my call has been escalated. The one day I didn't even give my name and other details and I still got the same response.