Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter



Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Flower box holder for balcony

  1. #1
    Super Grandmaster blunomore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Sandton, JHB
    Posts
    25,405

    Default Flower box holder for balcony

    Good people,

    I am looking for a flower box holder which would fit over a balcony railing.

    Maybe the picture will illustrate better what I am referring to : http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...3L._AA280_.jpg or http://www.schueco.com/web/contentbl...05_200x200.jpg

    The end result is quite nice: http://www.rentalapartmentparis.com/...etting4-wo.jpg

    Went to Mica, but they do not have this.

    Anyone know of a specific hardware store or nursery where I may find this?

    Thanks
    Last edited by blunomore; 21-02-2010 at 05:58 PM.

  2. #2
    Ghost in the Machine Sting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Hive
    Posts
    27,051

    Default

    Builders Warehouse?

  3. #3
    Super Grandmaster blunomore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Sandton, JHB
    Posts
    25,405

    Default

    Have you seen it there moggie ? I was hoping not to make another wasted trip

  4. #4
    Super Grandmaster blunomore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Sandton, JHB
    Posts
    25,405

    Default

    Anyone else with an idea where I can find these flower box holders?

    Thanks

  5. #5
    Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Cape Town, South Africa
    Posts
    1,484

    Default

    My wife got something like what you're looking for from Makro about 2 years ago.

  6. #6
    Super Grandmaster blunomore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Sandton, JHB
    Posts
    25,405

    Default

    Thanks

  7. #7
    Super Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Cair Paravel
    Posts
    6,797

    Default

    Just take an asbestos window type Flowerbox- cheapest would be a florist supply store- floral supply- then drill a couple of coat hanger hooks into it. Dont forget to drill holes underneath the box too.
    Just go to Superfloral and they will have them.011 435 1379
    Last edited by Hosehead; 08-03-2010 at 02:42 PM.

  8. #8
    Super Grandmaster blunomore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Sandton, JHB
    Posts
    25,405

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hosehead View Post
    Just take an asbestos window type Flowerbox- cheapest would be a florist supply store- floral supply- then drill a couple of coat hanger hooks into it. Dont forget to drill holes underneath the box too.
    Just go to Superfloral and they will have them.011 435 1379
    I don't do those handyman (handywomen!) things , Hosehead. Do not have the inclination or the tools to do so, which I why I do not mind to buy a readymade version.

    Have any of you been to "Simply French" or "Just French" (not sure of the correct name) in Bryanston? Apparently they stock things similar to these ...

  9. #9
    Super Grandmaster ponder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    KZN Dolphin Coast
    Posts
    45,923

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blunomore View Post
    Have any of you been to "Simply French" or "Just French" (not sure of the correct name) in Bryanston?
    Non.
    entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

  10. #10
    Super Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Cair Paravel
    Posts
    6,797

    Default

    Why would anyone want to take a dump in Jozi and make it look like French alpine or metro hanging garden ? I think the arrival of the French A380 has damaged everyone's head.

  11. #11
    Super Grandmaster LandyMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Centurion
    Posts
    9,143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blunomore View Post
    Good people,

    I am looking for a flower box holder which would fit over a balcony railing.

    Maybe the picture will illustrate better what I am referring to : http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...3L._AA280_.jpg or http://www.schueco.com/web/contentbl...05_200x200.jpg

    The end result is quite nice: http://www.rentalapartmentparis.com/...etting4-wo.jpg

    Went to Mica, but they do not have this.

    Anyone know of a specific hardware store or nursery where I may find this?

    Thanks
    I have a couple of them in different sizes (took them off our house when repainting ... PM me if you would like some pics/sizes
    Flickr Photos
    Google it you moron
    Vernon Koekemoer sal jou doodmaak, stadig en aaklig

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •