Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Hisense 42" Full HD: Connecting external speakers?

Default Hisense 42" Full HD: Connecting external speakers?

Hi all

So over the weekend I bought the Hisense 42" LCD from Game at fairly good price. I've got Samsung surround / DVD. I connected the surround sound and LCD using HDMI cable, so playing DVD's works perfectly.

BUT my Laptop has a blue ray drive. I also connect my laptop to LCD using HDMI - which works just fine except that the sound then plays through the LCD speakers (and not surround). I connected the surround using headphones output from laptop but its total crap quality. So I'd like to "re-route" the sound from laptop via the LCD to surround (or for that matter, I'd like to play normal TV (sabc) sound using surround sound aswell: LCD audio out -> surround audio in)

Do anyone know where is the AUDIO OUTPUT jacks/plugs/connectors on the Hisense LCD? Its got inputs all over the show (even USB) - in the on-screen menu you can select "external speakers" - but I can't seem to find the physical output plugs? The manual also does not specify.

Thanks

Super Grandmaster

Are you sure there are outputs?

I'd assume all "External Speakers" does is kill the TV speakers.

Does the Samsung surround have any inputs? Like HDMI?

BTW - hows the hisense, I'm considering the 32" or 26" for the bedroom.

See thats my problem - in the manual it states you can connect external speakers, and then there is even the option in the on-screen menu... But I simply can not find any audio outputs...
    Samsung surround has 2 inputs: 1 x optical, 1 x co-ax? (red and white plugs). Output from samsung to TV is HDMI.

I'm happy with it so far - I can honestly say picture quality is the same as LG / Samsung...

Do you know what the guys in the shops do?? They actually push sales on certain products / models by adjusting the picture quality! The shop I went to buy the TV, they played blue-ray on a LG (which was on special for R12k), and right next to it they play normal DVD on the Hisense. They also set the brightness down on the Hisense. So when you walk in, you immediatly get the "idea / picture" that the LG is better... After convincing the "salesman" to play the blue-ray on the hisense and playing a bit with the brightness/contrast myself, its clear that picture quality is actually the same!

Super Grandmaster

Weird- I'd imagine the outputs on the Hisense then to be RED/WHITE - you sure you don't have to remove the TV speakers or something?

Hi TDK01,

Sounds like we bought the same setup:-) Have you solved your problem yet? My HiFi is not DMI enabled so I still have to use the headphone jack and the AV input on my HIFI.

Regards

Nic