Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 180 of 240 FirstFirst ... 80130170176177178179180 181182183184190230 ... LastLast
Results 2,686 to 2,700 of 3599

Thread: *READ FIRST* iBurst Network Status & Issues (DNS, Throughput and Latency)

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by ginggs View Post
    Source?
    Go look back on the threads complaining about the speed drop here on MyBB and on iBurst's FB page. Note the dates that the complaints started, then correlate that to the date the new packages were released.

We used to regularly see over 2Mbps during the day before the new packages were released and less than 0.5Mbps after.
    Just a simple case of overloaded towers that caused the speed drop. Simple really.

Quote Originally Posted by Bursty-dude View Post
    Go look back on the threads complaining about the speed drop here on MyBB and on iBurst's FB page. Note the dates that the complaints started, then correlate that to the date the new packages were released.

We used to regularly see over 2Mbps during the day before the new packages were released and less than 0.5Mbps after.
    Just a simple case of overloaded towers that caused the speed drop. Simple really.
    I don't believe the problem is nationwide, I believe it is limited to certain base stations. iBurst need to address these issues, whether it is by improving backhaul links to those base stations or putting up additional base stations in the affect areas.

Grandmaster

Yup, it must be certain base stations...............scattered all around the country.
    Seriously though, there were complaints from everywhere in SA about the slow speed.

And it's getting worse. Goodness!

Brackendowns, Alberton

Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

cant connect keep getting "Can not get a IP address from PPPoE server" error
    Some times the internet is so slow, it would be faster to just fly to Google's headquarters and ask them this $h1t in person.!

Quote Originally Posted by isie View Post
    cant connect keep getting "Can not get a IP address from PPPoE server" error
    is no one else having problems?
    its happening again and if I am connected i get Totally crap speeds:

Local
    Test conducted on 17 April 2012 06:08:13 PM
    Download Speed: 61 kbps (7.6 KB/sec transfer rate)
    Upload Speed: 174 kbps (21.8 KB/sec transfer rate)
    Latency: 216 ms

could not do an international test got disconnected while it was running
    Some times the internet is so slow, it would be faster to just fly to Google's headquarters and ask them this $h1t in person.!

Grandmaster

Supposedly getting this from the Midrand server:
    http://www.speedtest.net/result/1899807721.png

Yeah, riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight......

and same problem tonight

Quote Originally Posted by isie View Post
    and same problem tonight
    Yup

Grandmaster

One day we will have our 2+Mbps back....

I seem to be getting packet loss to International alot. Local sites seem much better.

My Iburst terminal says 100% signal and the worst it ever goes is down to 92% (It's the USB modem with Added Mini Antenna in Window) - I really doubt that this is a signal to Tower issue.

Ping goes from 250ms to 600ms for bbc.co.uk

Ping will timeout every 3-6seconds. (I've tried different area's in and around the home) - Signal seems to be roughly the same everywhere.

I'm located in Bellville (Please check the Bellville tower's or maybe bandwidth provided to the Bellville towers)
    PM me for more accurate location

I have been with iBurst for about 5 years. Until some time back I could watch Youtubies with very little buffering. The speeds have come down so drastically that it is driving me nuts. I waste time trying to read newspapers online - it can take up to 30seconds to move from one article to another. Quite literally, I can read the paper versions of the newspapers at a faster rate. What use is the large amount Gigs I get if I cannot watch any video clips? (I live in Boston Bellville and always have a 100% connection)

Seriosly what is the problem Iburst, constant disconections and crappy speeds.
    I understand once in a while network problems , but the last 3 weeks have been realy bad with no explanation. some times it just seems as if My poor router spends more time trying to reconect then actualy being conected

Page 180 of 240 FirstFirst ... 80130170176177178179180 181182183184190230 ... LastLast