Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41011121314 1516 LastLast

Thread: NOTICE: International Internet connectivity issues since February 17 [Resolved]

Default Cable repair

Is it the Eassy cable that needs repairing?

When is cable expected to be repaired?

Difficult to work.

Thanks for any info,
    Chelle

Speed seems to be fair these days. Thank you for fixing this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cyara View Post
    Is it the Eassy cable that needs repairing?

When is cable expected to be repaired?

Difficult to work.

Thanks for any info,
    Chelle
    The EASSY cable is fine. The one that is bust is SEA-ME3 that provides onwards connectivity from Djiboti to Europe, The repair ship needs to steam through the Suez Channel to the fault location but only after the bureaucrats have done all the red tape.

Seeing as these cables have more breaks and issues than Malema spews forth drivvle, how about alternative forms of international connections so that RELIABLE internet speeds can be achieved for iBurst customers? Other ISPs here in SA do not have nearly the same amount of crap international browsing issues.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bursty-dude View Post
    Seeing as these cables have more breaks and issues than Malema spews forth drivvle, how about alternative forms of international connections so that RELIABLE internet speeds can be achieved for iBurst customers? Other ISPs here in SA do not have nearly the same amount of crap international browsing issues.
    We have an east and a west coast route. North is not feasible as it is terrestial and going south will only upset the penguins.

I've been a lurker for many years, never feeling the need to register.

I've been an iBurst user for many years, and I have never been this frustrated. At home I mainly visit gaming websites. Since Feb 17th this has been horrendous at best.

I cannot play STO (Star Trek Online), I cannot check my Hall of Monuments for Guildwars (http://hom.guildwars2.com). Updates from STO (They do love their updates) takes a full day for 500mb (If I'm lucky)

I have check if the HoM thing wasn't something to do with my browser, used my son's MTN stick, no problem. Funnily enough gamebreakertv website kept working - slow, but worked. I can play Guildwars - go figure.

I can only imagine how frustrated the people using iBurst for their business must be.

I am finally considering getting myself a new isp - I never thought I would say that...

International: 0.15mbps (To Boston)
    http://www.speedtest.net/result/1815066898.png

Local: 0.91mbps
    http://www.speedtest.net/result/1815071669.png

On Vodacom 3G I get full speed.

Should we be paying full subs for this service?
    Why can't I take my subs this month to pay to another ISP that can provide me with the services I expect?
    Biggest Permanent LAN - www.ptawug.co.za

Omf.... the consistent "an error has occurred" messages on youtube are killing me...

Quote Originally Posted by louisp View Post
    Should we be paying full subs for this service?
    Why can't I take my subs this month to pay to another ISP that can provide me with the services I expect?
    Its a really good scam to be honest.

You pay full price for a 24/7 service that doesnt have to fully functional 24/7.

From iBurst's FB page:

"iBurst update:- Hi everyone, some good news, we have obtained additional bandwidth in order to alleviate some of the international browsing issues due to the cable break. Repair on the cable is expected to be completed at the end of March. We will keep you posted on progress. In addition to that, our system upgrade is complete, so it’s uncool that some of our customers are still experiencing connection problems. If you are still having hassles connecting, please give us a shout on 0877 20 20 20, Helpdesk will gladly assist you. Alternatively, please send us your UTID, ID and Cell numbers, so we can get in touch with you ASAP. Team iBurst."

Well, plainly put, that "additional bandwidth in order to alleviate some of the international browsing issues due to the cable break" has helped absolutely nothing with speed issues.

Get other forms of connectivity to Europe, as none of the other ISPs in SA have similar speed issues due to the cable being busted.

Quote Originally Posted by Bursty-dude View Post
    Well, plainly put, that "additional bandwidth in order to alleviate some of the international browsing issues due to the cable break" has helped absolutely nothing with speed issues.
    What do you mean it has done absolutely nothing?

Quote Originally Posted by shinobi187 View Post
    I really would hate to jinx this, But speeds seem fine today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Durandal View Post
    *crosses fingers* Yes, it looks as if something positive has finally happened?
    Quote Originally Posted by Madhawk View Post
    I'm happy today. I was able to download at full speeds after midnight and browsing today seems responsive and quick.
    Quote Originally Posted by isie View Post
    actually managed to do a speed test at speedtest.net

Quote Originally Posted by ginggs View Post
    What do you mean it has done absolutely nothing?
    It depends, yesterday i was able to pull 3Gigs worth of downloads, averaging 100KB, this was the best speeds i have had since this issue started, from midnight till this morning i was only able to get 500Mb,

So this is still not sorted, yes iBurst has put in some work around but a permanent corrective action is required soon.

I can still not play Battlefield 3 online ping is 240 and that is just not going to work!!!!

Same here for months now. Anyone know of a site where all the Iburst base stations are listed or anyone whom can tell me where the closet one to me is? I have been having connection issues since November when I renewed my 2year contract (NEVER had an issue before this.) and was UPGRADED at a discounted price. Had one of their consultants here this morning and he seemed more interested in selling me a R1000 directional antenna (Even though my signal is 100% constantly.) installed by his friend than trying to get to the root of the problem. Is there a way to check what the usage is on the station I,m connecting to?

Quote Originally Posted by Panther1971 View Post
    Same here for months now. Anyone know of a site where all the Iburst base stations are listed or anyone whom can tell me where the closet one to me is? I have been having connection issues since November when I renewed my 2year contract (NEVER had an issue before this.) and was UPGRADED at a discounted price. Had one of their consultants here this morning and he seemed more interested in selling me a R1000 directional antenna (Even though my signal is 100% constantly.) installed by his friend than trying to get to the root of the problem. Is there a way to check what the usage is on the station I,m connecting to?
    I got the directional antenna and it didn't solve the issue. The issue is an overloaded base station.

You can't get a list of base stations. But if you pm your coords to r00igev@@r he might be nice enough to tell you in which direction and how far the base station is from you.

In terms of getting your signal quality, connected base station, distance and station load, you can use this method http://iproto.blogspot.com/. It is possible to brick your modem, so use caution and at own risk. Load ranges from 0 minimum to 3 maximum.

I see you are also located in Centurion, if you are located close to me ... good luck.

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41011121314 1516 LastLast