Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: DVB-T in Ekurhuleni (East Rand)

Dinwiddie / Germiston / Gauteng / ZA / Terra / Milky Way / Prime Material Plane

Question DVB-T in Ekurhuleni (East Rand)

Hi, All

I recently bought a "Nextek Mini Digital TV Stick" on BidOrBuy. It came with BlazeDTV software, and the device installed as a "AF9015 BDA Device." I installed it on Tuesday and scanned channels using BazeDTV's "Universal" country option (48500 to 887000 KHz, BandWidth Auto). It discovered ~41 channels on around the 588000KHz frequency range. It worked OK (I had SABC1/2/3, SABC News International, SABC Movies, E-TV, EClassics, and a bunch of radio stations), but when watching TV I got a lot of "hiccups." I decided to try deleting all the channels and rescanning. Now it won't find anything on any frequencies using any bandwidth mode!! I've tried using Windows Media Center to scan channels, as well as a couple of free Media Centers I've downloaded, but none of them can find any channels!

I live in Germiston. Has the East Rand stopped broadcasting DVB-T channels between Tuesday evening (2010-03-09) and now?!

Cheers
    Graham

*bump*

:P

I took the device with me to Rivonia today, to see if I could get signal there. Still nothing. Has DVB-T been switched off entirely? Or could I have damaged my device by plugging it in, using it for a few hours, and unplugging it?

problem is there is no clear list from anyone where we can see the coverage map, also please read a very little information about coverage on www.godigitalsa.co.za

i will suggest to scan and save the channels frequencies in strong signals area like cresta, auckland park, fordsburg, etc it worked for one or two users who initially had "no channels found" issue.

thanks.

The man I bought it from kindly offered to replace it for me. Despite him saying that the device I returned works perfectly for him (in Cresta), the replacement device he gave me now works perfectly in Germiston. Go figure. :P