Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How much will you pay for a WiMax uncapped service with various connection speeds?

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by mcclod View Post
    R499 for 512kbps sounds great, if it's an all inclusive cost.
    +1
    Aan Wat Dink Jy Nie?
    50% off first month @ Afrihost

Quote Originally Posted by cda View Post
    Locked in for 12 months? No thanks.
    Aggree, I don't want to be tied down for so long. A month-to-month is far better.

I would say :

R399 384 uncapped, unshaped (will beat screamer deal which is now at R550)
    R499 512 uncapped, unshaped (...also beat them)
    R799 1mb uncapped, unshaped(...also beat them)

if they can offer these prices + allow me to use my already purchased alvarion equipment from screamer and good technical support i would consider moving

Agree with you on the fact that ISP's should not lock you in for such a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzgino View Post
    I really cannot understand why everyone needs to lock anyone in to anything. if you are confident of supplying a good service and keep your customers happy, why lock them in? It seems that most internet services are aimed at high end users, trying to milk them of anything you can, whilst providing a very poor service to your average user. it amazes me that everyone is talking about the cell phone operators and especially Vodacom, but with them you have the option of receiving the same service as a prepaid customer than a locked in customer, at a reduced rate? When is the government going to realize the real inhibitor to low cost and abundant internet access is Telkom, and the rediculous interconnection fees the networks are still forced to pay them for backbone fees, although they are already using their own, higher quality fibre connections. I still use Vodaom's service because i refuse to get a telkom line. I don't need them near my property. We can just hope for the future.

Check out there website for more details: http://kawuleza.com/
    This company is Cape Town based and is currently covering the greater part of the Cape Town area.
    Give you views when visiting their website...

Quote Originally Posted by vatteva View Post
    I would say :

R399 384 uncapped, unshaped (will beat screamer deal which is now at R550)
    R499 512 uncapped, unshaped (...also beat them)
    R799 1mb uncapped, unshaped(...also beat them)

if they can offer these prices + allow me to use my already purchased alvarion equipment from screamer and good technical support i would consider moving

I have two connections with Kawuleza at two different sites and have had lots of problems with them over the last year. Constant disconnects which corrupt downloads, high latency problems especially for international connectivity (and even site to site connectivity) and poor feedback on support issues. I am desperately looking for anothe ISP that can provide a better connection using the same equipment. I had to pay for the equipment and am now stuck with it.

Grandmaster

Neotel has WiMAX up to 8Mbps... their 1MB uncapped wimax service is around R1k per month.

Hi Fernando

Please PM me with your account no or login so I can investigate what your concern is. By the way every Screamer client automatically gets a public IP.

Quote Originally Posted by fernandopires View Post
    ive been waiting to get my public ip working since about 1 December 2009 and still not working. And getting hold of them is a mission. When things go wrong there rep howzit just vanishes. The internet quality is bad. Lastweek i was on the phone with one of there support people next thing the phone goes down and they do no effort to call you back. Cant screamer become more professional like vodacom business or telkom. Plus why do they route us through a transparent cache ?? because of that i can benefit from the nice features of open dns. why why why i dont know who there main tech guy is but i think he doesnt really know what he is doing. dont use screamer else ull be screaming
    Hi Sida

Could you also please PM me your account no or login so I can follow up.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SiDiA View Post
    I would pay... R2000 for unshaped uncapped quite easily.... 4mbps would be nice... but even 2!

So Sick of SCREAMER !!!
    I'm a Screamer!!
    www.screamer.co.za

We're not stealing customers from our competitors, we're upgrading them

Hmmm, howzit ... perhaps the fact that you posted your offer to investigate those issues 2 YEARS after they were originally posted is an indication of the problem

I got Telkom Wimax 512k...

Telkom Wimax CPE - R240 pm
    M-web Uncapped 512k account - R199

All inclusive, I've done 150gb or so before in a month

Goodluck in getting it though....
    (⊙▂⊙✖ )

Grandmaster

Just as a price comaprison back at home in Zim we pay USD40$ (bout R300) a month for 512 peak and 1meg off peak on a month to month contract for uncapped unshaped... We did have to pay cash up front for installation though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12