Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Can a VC shop refuse to RICA a starter pack?

Hybrid View

Default Can a VC shop refuse to RICA a starter pack?

Today i wanted to rica my sim card, my sister's sim and two vodacom starter packs i had lying around. i went to the VODACOM4U store in the South Coast Mall at Shelly Beach. they refused to rica my new starter packs because they werent bought there but they were willing to register my sim card and my sisters sim card. so i simply said i would go where someone would help me. if vodacom is willing to treat its loyal customers like that... is it not against the law to refuse to rica a sim card? so anyway off we went to GAME where the friendly staff ensured all the sim cards were rica'd in no time. i think this is an epic fail for vodacom.
    Putting towers closer to you since 2010.

Blog Entries

I can't see why they should refuse you. You should report them to Vodacom Head Office.

Why didn't the shop who sold you the starter packs Rica them? Surely they aren't allowed to sell starterpacks without them being Rica'd?

the sim cards were probably bought before rica being compulsory

They were old starter packs that had not yet expired. Vodacom Data, any response from you? Are they allowed to refuse to rica simcards?
    Putting towers closer to you since 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by GayTechie View Post
    They were old starter packs that had not yet expired. Vodacom Data, any response from you? Are they allowed to refuse to rica simcards?
    Absolutely not. We received a memo also that explicitly said under no circumstances are we allowed to refuse a RICA application if all documentation requirements are met by the client. Over and out
    Oh he is HOT! Does he have a gay brother? Or a straight brother that drinks a lot?

Quote Originally Posted by ocleroux View Post
    Absolutely not. We received a memo also that explicitly said under no circumstances are we allowed to refuse a RICA application if all documentation requirements are met by the client. Over and out
    My girlfriend bought a Nokia 5800 from Game in Canal Walk on Sunday. They were willing to Rica the Vodacom sim that came with the phone but they refused to Rica our existing MTN sims. We were told 'sorry we only RICA Vodacom sims' - if thats not dodgy then I don't know what is. Vodacom trying to stifle the competition again I see.

J

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jsheed_sa View Post
    My girlfriend bought a Nokia 5800 from Game in Canal Walk on Sunday. They were willing to Rica the Vodacom sim that came with the phone but they refused to Rica our existing MTN sims. We were told 'sorry we only RICA Vodacom sims' - if thats not dodgy then I don't know what is. Vodacom trying to stifle the competition again I see.
    I can understand that. It is not unreasonable to assume that you would have to take MTN sims to an MTN store and Vodacom sims to a Vodacom store. They don't have access to each other's customer database and probably have different procedures for capturing and storing the data.

Quote Originally Posted by Garyvdh View Post
    I can understand that. It is not unreasonable to assume that you would have to take MTN sims to an MTN store and Vodacom sims to a Vodacom store. They don't have access to each other's customer database and probably have different procedures for capturing and storing the data.
    Confirmed. And it goes one step further, if you are a Vodacom Nashua number, then you have to go to Nashua to RICA your sim. We use a different system and have no access to their billing system, therefore we can not RICA Nashua number for example either.
    Oh he is HOT! Does he have a gay brother? Or a straight brother that drinks a lot?

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by jsheed_sa View Post
    They were willing to Rica the Vodacom sim that came with the phone but they refused to Rica our existing MTN sims. We were told 'sorry we only RICA Vodacom sims' - if thats not dodgy then I don't know what is. Vodacom trying to stifle the competition again I see.J
    You might as well walk into a Vodacom Outlet and purchase a R55 Vodacom Airtime Voucher for your MTN Prepaid SIM.
    Has joined the Cell C Revolution... Whoosh!!

Quote Originally Posted by Iam3G View Post
    You might as well walk into a Vodacom Outlet and purchase a R55 Vodacom Airtime Voucher for your MTN Prepaid SIM.

I bought competitor airtime @ vodashops sometimes and had better service from vodashops.

The staff just had an attitude problem or their manager/owner told them not to rica other sim cards, report them at customer care 111.

Vodacom 4U STORE.......The Vodacom store 4U.......Yah right

GayTechie...send me a mail explaining what happened. My company shares the same office building as the headoffice for the 4U Franshise.

Ish how can GAME RICA MTN when they don't promote MTN.Its like going to BMW to fix your Merc

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast