Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Blizzard Mobile Authenticator

Default Blizzard Mobile Authenticator

I just got the authenticator for my Blackberry 8900 Curve (Vodacom) but it keeps giving me an error “Check the reception in your area. If you have a signal, the server may be temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.” I think I have to change some settings on my phone but don’t know what. Can anyone help?

When you want to download it or when you want to run it?
    This signature is horrendously outdated.

I bought it from Blizzards website and dowload it but when I run the application it gives me the error.

Strange, can't find any similar issues like this either...

Grandmaster
    Stellenbosch, Republic of the Western Cape

Don't you wish you had an oout-of-band mobile token like FireID's?

I read somewhere on the WOW forums that you must change your TCP/IP settings. Does anyone know what the APN site, APN username abd APN password is for Vodacom.

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Buldar View Post
    Does anyone know what the APN site, APN username abd APN password is for Vodacom.
    https://support.fireid.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=8

It worked, thanks Naks for the information.

Right...HI-JACK!

I can't see why Blizzard don't support all phones...I have a Nokia 5800 (which is very popular) and they don't have the software for it -.- I mean...how hard can it be to write a universal program?
    Last edited by Method; 18-03-2010 at 08:53 AM. Reason: Grammar! Oh noes!
    Cultivate Kindness

Quote Originally Posted by Method View Post
    Right...HI-JACK!

I can't see why Blizzard doesn't support all phones...I have a Nokia 5800 (which is very popular) and they don't have the software for it -.- I mean...how hard can it be to write a universal program?
    Fragmentation is one of the most irritating thing in mobile development. Trust me, it IS actually harder to write 1 solution for all than you might think...

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Method View Post
    I mean...how hard can it be to write a universal program?
    The thing is, you DON"T want a universal program.

At FireID, we have over 1100 different builds of our application for all platforms, with a dedicated team for mobile dev only. This allows us to provide a platform-specific application for all mobile operating systems, unlike our competitors

If you want to see how this works, try one of our demos - http://demo.fireid.com/afriglass or http://demo.fireid.com/multisource

Have you found a solution to your problem yet? A question regarding the authenticator, when your phone does not work or the app can you still log in or are you stuck till you have sorted it out?

grrr double post

Yes I did, it was settings on my phone I had to adjust. Had to change my TCP/IP settings on my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Buldar View Post
    Yes I did, it was settings on my phone I had to adjust. Had to change my TCP/IP settings on my phone.
    Hi there, i still cant get the BB authenticator to work on a curve 8520 (vodacom)
    i have tried with my phone connected to my WIFI network and using GPRS, I also activated the apn but it still didnt work, im confused...

EDIT: got it to work, ty
    Last edited by SVS1000; 22-01-2011 at 08:15 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast