I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread on things to do in and around Gauteng. So if you know about something please post it here.
Updated: 15-10-2012 Please keep them coming.
Adventure & Extreme Sports
1. Hot Air balloon ride near haarties (multiple operators)
2. River rafting near Haarties (multiple operators)
3. Orlando Towers bungee
4. Rock climbing at Wonderwall
5. Canoeing at Emmerentia dam
6. Gold Reef City
7. Boat ride on the Vaal river. Start from Stonehaven in Vanderbijlpark.
Nature & Wildlife
1. Lion park
2. Rhino and lion park
3. Elephant Sanctuary
4. The JHB or PTA Zoo
5. Hike on Melville Koppies
6. Visit to the Botanical Gardens (Emmerentia or Walter Sisulu)
7. Maropeng - Cradle of Humankind
8. Magaliesburg picnics
9. Wonder Cave
10. Picnic in Rietvalley dam resort.
11. Roodepoort Botanical Gardens
Museums & Cultural
1. Apartheid Museum
2. Hector Peterson Memorial
3. Visit Nan Hua Buddhist temple Bronkhorstspruit
4. War Museum
5. Pretoria Natural History Museum
7. Wits Planetarium Firday Evenings
8. Book tour at mint/coin place on N1
9. Hartebeeshoek Radio Astronomy Observatory.
1. Organic market at Bryanston every Thursday and Saturday;
2. French market (Au Marche de Provence) at Morningside Shopping Centre every Sunday;
3. Mediterranean Market at Melrose Arch Piazza on Saturdays; and
4. Farmers Market at Bamboo in Melville on the first Saturday of every month.
5. Boeremark every Saturday from 5h00 till 9h00 at the Pioneer museum in Silverton.
6. Organic market in Parktown every Saturday as well.
7. Rooftop market at rosebank every Sunday.