Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast

Thread: iPhone OS 4 comes on 8 April, brings video calls to the iPhone

Wink iPhone OS 4 comes on 8 April, brings video calls to the iPhone

From : http://www.gsmarena.com/iphone_os_4_...-news-1556.php

While Apple are still mum when it comes to the launch date of the next-gen iPhone, surprisingly, they have just announced when is coming the next iPhone OS. The iPhone OS 4 will be unveiled in a couple of days, on 8 April. And, reportedly, it will finally bring video calls to the iPhone.

Apple have sent out invitations for an iPhone OS 4 event that will take place on 8 April. The message itself welcomes the press to "get a sneak peek into the future of iPhone OS".
    Slowly but surely they are catching up to the big boys. Watch out Nokia, here comes a phone to rival the video call abilities of the 6630 (released in 2004).
    You can do something for love, you can do something for money, but there is nothing quite so satisfying as doing something out of spite - Jeremy Clarkson, 1991

this is some lovely news ... thanks for the update !!!!
    APPLE SINCE 09
    iMac 27" Quad Core
    iPhone 3gs
    iPad 16gb Wifi

Thanks for the update Rouxenator - glad to see you are keeping us abreast of new iPhone releases.
    =================================

You're most welcome. I do follow the iPhone's progress with interest - glad to see it broke the 2004 barrier in terms of functional compared to Nokia Video calls
    Now if only they could crack the multi-tasking thing... Ag who cares, Windows Phone 7 can't multi-task so why bother
    You can do something for love, you can do something for money, but there is nothing quite so satisfying as doing something out of spite - Jeremy Clarkson, 1991

Now if only Nokia could release a device that can email, browse, play music & video and games as well as the iPhone...

For an iPhone hater you sure do follow with zeal, and it does also include multitasking FYI.

I didn't even know the iPhone could do all that ! And then you say it does it well on top of that
    On the Nokia side you can pick up a cheap 5230 that will do all that - at the same time too

I'm not an iPhone hater - I am a fruit hater.

Quote Originally Posted by Rouxenator View Post
    I'm not an iPhone hater - I am a fruit hater.
    Sure.. sure, keep changing the goal posts... the day you come out the closet as an apple fanboy I'll just say told you so

Roux, if you saw the iPhone OS4.0 conference you would know that they are in fact bringing multitasking to the table

they admitted they were late to the game, but had a good reason WHY - they said that it is easy to do multi-tasking but if you don't do it RIGHT, it will drain your battery and make your phone slower (exactly what windows phones experience)

i have seen their version of multitasking and it knocks the socks off of any other phone - they couldn't have made it better!

i just wonder what at&t are thinking now that skype can run in the background?! because with their unlimited data plans, people are going to be using the iphone as a skype device and call for free?

Hey rouxenator, as far as I know OS 4.0 will only be released as SDK for app developers. I believe it will only be available to the general public for download in June sometime.

Proudly an apple fanboy

if you jailbreak you can get the wallpaper function, multitask(somwewhat) and more... today! all thanks to independent hackers

these have been available for sometime already.

You consider "wallpaper" to be a function ?

you apple folks sure are happy with much less - that is gratefulness for you.

Yes but jailbreak causes instability and has an acknowledged memory leak. I would prefer it done by Apple.

Quote Originally Posted by Rouxenator View Post
    You consider "wallpaper" to be a function ?

you apple folks sure are happy with much less - that is gratefulness for you.
    the iphone has always had wallpaper for the lock screen, but not the interface for practical reasons but looks like Apple have given us more choice.

Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast