Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: HoN Update 0.3.2 - How to fix update crash

Grandmaster

Default HoN Update 0.3.2 - How to fix update crash

Hey guys, there is a new update and hero out. Lots of players are experiencing problems while updating and the game crashing. If this happens try to rename the log.txt in your HoN folder to tos.txt and re apply the update. It worked for me.

Grandmaster

Ah, and already they have released 0.3.3 >.<

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_H View Post
    Hey guys, there is a new update and hero out. Lots of players are experiencing problems while updating and the game crashing. If this happens try to rename the log.txt in your HoN folder to tos.txt and re apply the update. It worked for me.

the log.txt in the Heroes of Newerth/update/ folder? im already have a tos.txt and when i rename the log.txt have a tos.txt(2) and i did the update and the crash appears again

Grandmaster

Well Im trying the 0.3.3 and I keep crashing. Will try the log file name change now

EDIT: Thanks Chris it worked perfectly. I tried updating 5 times before and each crashed then renamed the log file and it worked

@ Maurici0x no I found the log file in the main game folder in program files. Not the one in the update folder. In fact I think the update folder disappears once update has completed.
    Last edited by Jonny Two Shoes; 10-04-2010 at 08:48 PM.

There's also a hero exp bug atm where get almost no exp for killing a hero.

So normal mode is kinda like a hardcore anti-EM carry mode. You'd be lucky to get to lvl 15 in a 60 minute game atm. Carries are basically skrewed atm lol...

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by maurici0x View Post
    the log.txt in the Heroes of Newerth/update/ folder? im already have a tos.txt and when i rename the log.txt have a tos.txt(2) and i did the update and the crash appears again
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Two Shoes View Post
    Well Im trying the 0.3.3 and I keep crashing. Will try the log file name change now

EDIT: Thanks Chris it worked perfectly. I tried updating 5 times before and each crashed then renamed the log file and it worked

@ Maurici0x no I found the log file in the main game folder in program files. Not the one in the update folder. In fact I think the update folder disappears once update has completed.
    Glad to hear it helped and don't change the files in your update folder only the log.txt in your main HoN install folder

Quote Originally Posted by HideInLight View Post
    There's also a hero exp bug atm where get almost no exp for killing a hero.

So normal mode is kinda like a hardcore anti-EM carry mode. You'd be lucky to get to lvl 15 in a 60 minute game atm. Carries are basically skrewed atm lol...
    I was wondering why everyone kept on saying: "Pick all carries and win" :P