Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter



Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 43

Thread: Using a competitor SIM in a Vodacom device voids your warranty

  1. #1
    Resident Lead Bender Ockie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Henceforth AKA OckieMoto :-)
    Posts
    26,020

    Default Using a competitor SIM in a Vodacom device voids your warranty

    Just a footnote....if you use a MTN sim in the modem, the warranty will not kick in and if something goes wrong with the modem Vodacare will not book the unit in.
    I don't pay taxes, I pay royalties
    Pieter Dirk Uys

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ocleroux View Post
    Just a footnote....if you use a MTN sim in the modem, the warranty will not kick in and if something goes wrong with the modem Vodacare will not book the unit in.
    VodaCare: Did you ever use a MTN SIM in the device?
    Client: No.
    VodaCare: Here is your ref.

    Problem solved

    Besides, we all know voiding the warranty purely based on the SIM used is a cheap shot. I don't understand how companies get away with blatant anti-competitive behaviour like that.
    State of the cancerous nation

  3. #3
    Resident Lead Bender Ockie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Henceforth AKA OckieMoto :-)
    Posts
    26,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by morkhans View Post
    VodaCare: Did you ever use a MTN SIM in the device?
    Client: No.
    VodaCare: Here is your ref.

    Problem solved

    Besides, we all know voiding the warranty purely based on the SIM used is a cheap shot. I don't understand how companies get away with blatant anti-competitive behaviour like that.
    HEHE...does not exactly work like that. When we book in a phone, the IMEI gets checked against the warranty database. If the modem was never used with a Vodacom SP sim, then the system will not accept the booking. If the IMEI was not used with a Vodacom SP sim within the last consecutive 90 days, then the warranty will go pending and the system will not accept the booking. You can of course pop in a Vodacom SP sim and leave it in over night. This will then reinstate the warranty....BUT, if something goes wrong with the unit and it is unable to connect to the network to register the IMEI, then you are buggered.
    I don't pay taxes, I pay royalties
    Pieter Dirk Uys

  4. #4
    Super Grandmaster ginggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Good-w00t! Cape Town
    Posts
    8,645

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ocleroux View Post
    Just a footnote....if you use a MTN sim in the modem, the warranty will not kick in and if something goes wrong with the modem Vodacare will not book the unit in.
    You had better be joking.

  5. #5
    Resident Lead Bender Ockie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Henceforth AKA OckieMoto :-)
    Posts
    26,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ginggs View Post
    You had better be joking.
    *runs as fast as his little legs can carry him*

    Sorry guys, but this has always been the case. The warranty terms was also published on the Vodacom website...trying to find it on the new site, but cant. urg
    I don't pay taxes, I pay royalties
    Pieter Dirk Uys

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ocleroux View Post
    HEHE...does not exactly work like that. When we book in a phone, the IMEI gets checked against the warranty database. If the modem was never used with a Vodacom SP sim, then the system will not accept the booking. If the IMEI was not used with a Vodacom SP sim within the last consecutive 90 days, then the warranty will go pending and the system will not accept the booking. You can of course pop in a Vodacom SP sim and leave it in over night. This will then reinstate the warranty....BUT, if something goes wrong with the unit and it is unable to connect to the network to register the IMEI, then you are buggered.
    It's like a car manufacturer voiding your warranty because you used BP instead of Shell.
    State of the cancerous nation

  7. #7
    Resident Lead Bender Ockie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Henceforth AKA OckieMoto :-)
    Posts
    26,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by morkhans View Post
    It's like a car manufacturer voiding your warranty because you used BP instead of Shell.
    Me and my big mouth. *sigh*

    Sorry guys...but that is just how its always been....and rather you be aware of it than not.
    I don't pay taxes, I pay royalties
    Pieter Dirk Uys

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ocleroux View Post
    Me and my big mouth. *sigh*
    oc, we always appreciate the input, so thanks for pointing out.

    Quote Originally Posted by ocleroux View Post
    Sorry guys...but that is just how its always been....and rather you be aware of it than not.
    Which doesn't mean it can't be challenged and changed. This is anti-competitive and bad for the consumer.
    State of the cancerous nation

  9. #9
    Resident Lead Bender Ockie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Henceforth AKA OckieMoto :-)
    Posts
    26,020

    Default

    I am not saying this is the reason why, but I think Vodacom SP is so strict with this to help keep service levels up and to give our active clients better service. Consider this scenario:

    You book your phone in and you are a paying client with a active account. Another client who bought his phone from a Vodashop but is using a MTN/CellC sim in it books his phone in also. Now you have ot wait longer because his also needs to be repaired? I dont think that is fair. But like I said...you can have the warranty reinstated by simply putting in a VSP sim and leave it for a couple of hours for the IMEI to register again in the warranty database...but there is the risk of the phone not being able to connect to the network due to the fault and then the warranty database will not update.
    I don't pay taxes, I pay royalties
    Pieter Dirk Uys

  10. #10

    Default

    At the end of the day whether you subsidised the device on contract or bought it cash. Vodacom supplied you the device. Which provider you use the device with should be your choice and should not affect the warranty or service level you receive. Using your analogy above you could even go so far as to say someone with a higher contract spend should get more priority than a pre-paid user, rocky ground you find yourself on there...
    State of the cancerous nation

  11. #11
    Resident Lead Bender Ockie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Henceforth AKA OckieMoto :-)
    Posts
    26,020

    Default

    True. Well, the 1st year manufacturer warranty will still be there...but then you have to take it to the manufacturer.
    I don't pay taxes, I pay royalties
    Pieter Dirk Uys

  12. #12
    Super Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    27,816

    Default

    They told me the same thing when I bought my R170 cellphone. I can't think its legal though.

  13. #13
    Resident Lead Bender Ockie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Henceforth AKA OckieMoto :-)
    Posts
    26,020

    Default

    You must use our wonderfull network and give us more money...then we fix it for you OK?! :-) *kidding*
    I don't pay taxes, I pay royalties
    Pieter Dirk Uys

  14. #14
    Super Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    27,816

    Default

    LOL - well I certainly won't be using MTN or CellC... even if you guys don't want to give me a HD2.

    Strangely - the guy actually told me when I was buying a CellC phone R170 phone, then saw it was also available on VC.

  15. #15

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •