Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Telkom ISP email settings

Default Telkom ISP email settings

Here's the deal: An elderly gentleman I know went and got a telkom account a few years ago. He recently got a new pc, and got me to transfer everything for him from his old one. Everything seems to be working properly except the email. He can receive emails but not send them. I have tried all of the following SMTP servers: smtp.dsl.telkomsa.net, smtp.telkomsa.net, smtp.saix.net, mail.saix.net. Telkom said he should use smtp.telkomsa.net. He has Nod32 installed as an antivirus.

Could it be that the email protection settings is screwing with connecting to the server? Thanks

Use panda... http://cloudprotection.pandasecurity.com/ - download = http://www.cloudantivirus.com/en/ (reasoning: elderly gentleman, likelihood of a lower end computer, less likely to explore the net) then try authentication, with the full username with smtp.telkomsa.net, i.e online12345@telkomsa.net - if there is an issue with either the username or password it will be rejected....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SerenePhoenix View Post
    Here's the deal: An elderly gentleman I know went and got a telkom account a few years ago. He recently got a new pc, and got me to transfer everything for him from his old one. Everything seems to be working properly except the email. He can receive emails but not send them. I have tried all of the following SMTP servers: smtp.dsl.telkomsa.net, smtp.telkomsa.net, smtp.saix.net, mail.saix.net. Telkom said he should use smtp.telkomsa.net. He has Nod32 installed as an antivirus.

Could it be that the email protection settings is screwing with connecting to the server? Thanks
    i know there's an issue with connecting to smtp.telkomsa.net via ADSL. personally i use smtp.saix.net as far as i remember none of telkom's servers ever supported authentication, so disable it. and lastly, i was not too long ago convinced the server was broke for like a week, only to notice the username was indeed incorrect like it was saying all along *blush* it's only the first part up to the @, ei 'online54321', not 'online54321@telkomsa.net'

Quote Originally Posted by Srack0verflow View Post
    i know there's an issue with connecting to smtp.telkomsa.net via ADSL. personally i use smtp.saix.net as far as i remember none of telkom's servers ever supported authentication, so disable it. and lastly, i was not too long ago convinced the server was broke for like a week, only to notice the username was indeed incorrect like it was saying all along *blush* it's only the first part up to the @, ei 'online54321', not 'online54321@telkomsa.net'
    not in agreement, see for yourself - then repost...