Region code hack posted by scottieuk, July 05 2009:
Credit for this hack goes to RABSP, although I've modified
It's basically the same method used for the Samsung BD-1500.
I used it on my brand new Samsung BD-1600 today and it
worked on the first try using the code below.
My unit is a Region 2 (UK) machine.
1) Press the POWER button on the remote to turn on the
machine (no disc in the tray).
2) Wait till the player has booted up and the Samsung logo
screen is displayed.
3) Press the OPEN/CLOSE button on the remote twice, to open
then close the disc tray.
4) As soon as you see "No-Disc" displayed in the top left
corner, press the REPEAT button followed by the 5 digit code
for your current region as listed below.
(Mine was 57538 for region 2)
Don't press the REPEAT button for too long, just smoothly
press REPEAT 5 7 5 3 8.
If it doesn't work straight away, keep trying, mine worked
on the first go.
5) If you're successful, your current region code will be
displayed in the top left corner of the screen.
6) Press '9' to make your player region free.
7) Turn the player off, then on again and test with a
different region disc, or if you don't have one to test
with, just repeat the hack and instead of your old region
code appearing in the top left corner of your screen, you
should see '9' if you've been successful.
The hack can be repeated to turn your machine back to it's
original settings or to a particular region if the disc is
sensative to region free machines.
R1 - 29334
R2 - 57538
R3 - 56732
R4 - 76884
R5 - 53814
R6 - 24462