Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast

Thread: Board games - do you play any?

Default Board games - do you play any?

I've never been a fan of "traditional" board games like Monopoly, Scrabble, Risk etc.

But a few years ago I started playing Settlers of Catan (and a number of the expansions) and really enjoyed it.

Right now I'm playing Battlestar Galactica: The Board Game quite often - it's awesome!

Do you guys play any boardgames and if so, what?

Quote Originally Posted by BCO View Post
    I've never been a fan of "traditional" board games like Monopoly, Scrabble, Risk etc.

But a few years ago I started playing Settlers of Catan (and a number of the expansions) and really enjoyed it.

Right now I'm playing Battlestar Galactica: The Board Game quite often - it's awesome!

Do you guys play any boardgames and if so, what?
    I played War hammer if that counts. Kinda like a board game. I was the undead army. Was sooo much fun. You had to assemble and pain the army(which was the best thing about it)
    "Less Sodom and more Gamora"
    Zap

Spam
    Blog Entries

/raises hand
    Catan once or twice.
    Really?

Quote Originally Posted by seventhson View Post
    I played War hammer if that counts. Kinda like a board game. I was the undead army. Was sooo much fun. You had to assemble and pain the army(which was the best thing about it)
    That's more tabletop war games which is super involved. You can't really just set up and play 2-3 games in an evening with some mates.

Quote Originally Posted by Kage View Post
    /raises hand
    Catan once or twice.
    You enjoy it? I think Settlers is very good/.

Playing "Hide the Sausage" is AWSOME!!! You can buy the board @ any good Supermarket chain in the Laundry/Ironing section

I used to love snakes and ladders

Monopoly is the best it makes me feel rich!
    domaincheap.co.za
    Only one of these adds to your value as a human being: Consuming things other people have made or making your own.
    link

Banned

I have all those games that you are not a fan of on my cellphone - Monopoly, Risk, and Scrabble. I often get a game in after hopping into bed. Usually gets me sufficiently sleepy!

Does anyone remember Mad? Now that was an awesome board game!

I play a variant of Risk called Risk GodStorm in which in addition to your traditional Risk dynamics you get Gods that can perform miracles resulting in the destruction of entire continents, elimination of sea routes, the destruction of enemy forces, the bolstering of your own etc.

Also when your armies die they go to the underworld and fight for dominance there. Through temples placed on the actual board you can bring your armies from the underworld back to life.

It sounds really complex but it is quite fun. That and it only goes on for 5 turns and at the end all the points are added up and everything is decided so the game doesn't go on for DAYS like traditional Risk could.
    Delta Motor Corporation of South Africa Opel Monza 160i GSi Car of the Year 1991
    Historical Significance

Spam
    Blog Entries

I hate monopoly...the single most boring game ever invented.
    Hehehehe...anyone play Pig Out!
    Really?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tatum View Post
    Does anyone remember Mad? Now that was an awesome board game!
    AWESOME!
    Behind every dark cloud lies the sun, waiting to boil you alive.
    *girds loins*

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by porchrat View Post
    I play a variant of Risk called Risk GodStorm in which in addition to your traditional Risk dynamics you get Gods that can perform miracles resulting in the destruction of entire continents, elimination of sea routes, the destruction of enemy forces, the bolstering of your own etc.

Also when your armies die they go to the underworld and fight for dominance there. Through temples placed on the actual board you can bring your armies from the underworld back to life.

It sounds really complex but it is quite fun. That and it only goes on for 5 turns and at the end all the points are added up and everything is decided so the game doesn't go on for DAYS like traditional Risk could.
    That actually sounds pretty cool.
    Used to hang around with Mormons and play Risk back in the day - suppose I left that game cos there was no coffee
    *hopes his Mormon buddy never reads this *

@ Tatum - I recall MAD, but for the life of me can't remember anything about the board game, but know that I used to play.
    Financial Advisor with Old Mutual.
    PM a Brother for Financial Wealth, Funeral and Life Cover.

Spam
    Blog Entries

It's ok...not something that I can do for an extended period of time to be honest.
    Really?

Yep. All the German style board games are awesome. Very dependent though on having suitably awesome opponents & vibe. With the wrong ones its just painful experience.

Quote Originally Posted by HavocXphere View Post
    Yep. All the German style board games are awesome. Very dependent though on having suitably awesome opponents & vibe. With the wrong ones its just painful experience.
    Yeah that's true. Good company makes a huge difference. My BSG crew is awesome.

Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast