Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Afrihost client zone

Default Afrihost client zone

Just went into the client zone and noticed that I can cancel my uncapped ADSL effective 31 May despite the fact that it is already past 25th of month.
    I thought it might be a glitch in their system so called them to clarify - the agent confirmed that you can cancel at any time and no longer have to do so by 25th.However he didn't sound very sure of himself and had to confer with a colleague before giving me an answer.

Can anyone else with an Afrihost product confirm if they can cancel effective 31 May?

Reason to cancel?

There's plenty, from what I have seen Afrihost have *** shaping and bandwith limitations on their 'uncapped' accounts

Super Grandmaster

Well you could always "change" your package right up to the last day of the month anyway. In the past i would simply downgrade from uncapped -> 1gb at any time instead of canceling since there were not restriction on when and how you change your packages for some reason. (as long as you don't cancel).

I suppose in the past they could change the -amount- they bill you right up to the last moment, but could not remove you from their billing entirely [at the last moment] .

Quote Originally Posted by soundbox View Post
    Reason to cancel?
    No reason - I am happy with them.Just happened to be playing around on the client zone and was curious as to why the change.

Quote Originally Posted by ajules View Post
    No reason - I am happy with them.Just happened to be playing around on the client zone and was curious as to why the change.
    Well I canceled due to low speeds earlier in the month....wanted to moved over to MWEB but some of their 4mb uncapped users are also not happy with the service and yesterday I re-activated my account.

Well I canceled due to low speeds earlier in the month....wanted to moved over to MWEB but some of their 4mb uncapped users are also not happy with the service and yesterday I re-activated my account.
    Have not had low speeds at all.Usenet 400KB/s,Rapidshare 400KB/s.
    When I breached 50GB's my speed halved which is fair enough.On 75GB's currently and still getting 200KB/s.
    Suggest you look into your speed issue as it might not necessarily be Afrihost.

Quote Originally Posted by ajules View Post
    Have not had low speeds at all.Usenet 400KB/s,Rapidshare 400KB/s.
    When I breached 50GB's my speed halved which is fair enough.On 75GB's currently and still getting 200KB/s.
    Suggest you look into your speed issue as it might not necessarily be Afrihost.
    What time of the day do you D/L?

What time of the day do you D/L?
    Only in the evenings, usually after 8.00.pm or on week-ends

You can cancel the account, but it will only take effect on the last day of the following month.
    ̿ ̿̿̿̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\=((̪●))=/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿ nobody f****ng move!!!