Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: No ADSL ports left in Linden - Now what?

Default No ADSL ports left in Linden - Now what?

I have no real choice here and it irks me.... Whatever the big hoo-ha is about all these undersea cables and more bandwidth etc - its great, but if Telkom can't ROLL-OUT THE SERVICE TO US it doesn't really matter. I've waited since early April for ADSL but apparently there are no ports left at the Linden exchange. Great. No progress in 8 weeks. No commitment on an exchange updrade from them. Niks.

I swear if there was a worthy alternative to ADSL and if I could cut Telkom out completely I would do it in a flash. Is there an alternative to ADSL with the same price of bandwidth, that I can stream video with? I don't do online gaming, just need video streaming on some US sites, so latency not an issue. Using 3G at the moment, and despite recent price cuts, its nowhere near ADSL.

Suggestions?

Start a war. I did and have. I even got Reuben's email and was gonna start pushing pressure from that angle. However my plans are kinda set back with him being fired and all.

EDIT: The trick is to be annoying and I got that sorted..
    Away.......
    Went down the rabbit hole an ร...

heh. the linden exchange has 3 dslams. And the are all full. wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Peon View Post
    Start a war. I did and have. I even got Reuben's email and was gonna start pushing pressure from that angle. However my plans are kinda set back with him being fired and all.

EDIT: The trick is to be annoying and I got that sorted..
    September is still there until November!!
    There is a fine line between bravery and stupidity

You think e mailing the God of Telkom helps?
    It doesnt I tried it
    #FREEISRAEL

Quote Originally Posted by marine1 View Post
    It doesnt I tried it
    Hmmm, valued comment. One of my corporate clients did and they got new lines and many telkom techies scrambling around. Thats where I got the addy. How would you advise I email? Guns blazing or calm+ reverse psych?
    Away.......

Hmmm, valued comment. One of my corporate clients did and they got new lines and many telkom techies scrambling around. Thats where I got the addy. How would you advise I email? Guns blazing or calm+ reverse psych?
    Lol I will gladly help you kidnap him or burn down his office
    Dont know what to say but will gladly forward you his addy
    #FREEISRAEL

I still reckon going apesiht is the way to go. Even if it doesnt work you will still feel great! Blows off steam.
    Away.......

I still reckon going apesiht is the way to go. Even if it doesnt work you will still feel great! Blows off steam.
    Agreed.
    #FREEISRAEL

Quote Originally Posted by marine1 View Post
    It doesnt I tried it
    Course it does.

I have had all my problems solved with that lil email addy. Hardly got 1mbit at home. Now i get a stable 3mbits

Don't always believe what the telkom sales person tells you. Three years ago there was no ports open at my exchange. When applying for ADSL at the beginning of the year, the first sales lady I spoke to gave me the same story again. Phoned back 2 hours later, spoke to someone different, and suddenly there where a lot of ports open on the exchange, and I doubt that they upgraded between 12:00 and 2:00 in the afternoon.

I was hoping to get my question answered of any worthy alternatives to ADSL? And anyone care to PM me this email adress mentioned?

Why don't you check out Amobia, the WISP thread has some good things said about these guys. www.amobia.co.za It is WIFI based but their pricing is WAAAY better than other wireless service providers. I have a mate in Greenside who cannot get ADSL as well and he is going Amobia.
    Insert witty comment here...