Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 10 1 2345 ... LastLast

Thread: DSTV ads sound volume

Default DSTV ads sound volume

hey guys, as I see we are on DSTV wave today, so I want to rise the issue of the ads being much louder than the normal broadcast.

I found this EXTREEMLY irritating and I spoke to multichoice about it, and they came back to me with some crap explanation that they have no control over it bla bla bla!

I have my DSTV audio going through my amp into huge speakers, you can't believe how bad it is when at 12h at night, you watching discovery or annual planet or whatever quietly and all of the sudden they start their **** ads and the room going to blow up, and wake up the neighbour in the house 50 meters away!!!

It is very very veru annoying!

Any suggestion what we can do about it?

Is it only me noticing this issue, or you have it as well?

If the ads weren't louder everyone would just sleep through all the crap MonopolyChoice shows over and over and over and . . .

On some channels they might not have control over it but on their own ones? Oh please. They're just another example of someone charging above 1st world prices and giving a Proudly Half-Arsed service.
    "Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien." FM Arouet
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience" Unknown

I agree.

It is damn annoying.

Someone got the e-mail address for the DSTV Programming Director ?

Lets all make our voices heard ( and remember to TYPE IN CAPS !!! )

Super Grandmaster

1 - Turn your stuff off when u go to sleep - so you don't get subcouncously mind frucked into thinking DSTV is something good.
    2 - Always press mute on an advert break - you'll be amazed how quickly it becomes a good habbit, and the conversations you'll have during the 5 minute ad break's will be memorable and improve your sex life.

I have noticed that many of the problematic ads are in fact the ads for future DSTV shows. For example ad about some documentary that will be showing next week on History channel. 80-90% of the ads are like that! I don't see how they don't have control over it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stoke
    1 - Turn your stuff off when u go to sleep - so you don't get subcouncously mind frucked into thinking DSTV is something good.
    2 - Always press mute on an advert break - you'll be amazed how quickly it becomes a good habbit, and the conversations you'll have during the 5 minute ad break's will be memorable and improve your sex life.
    I don't see myself with the remote control mounted to my hand muting the bloody thing every 10 minutes ... I can equalise sound volume of multiple clips on my miserable home PC! I don't believe it is that diifficult for a multibillion R profit per year company to do it as well!

Quote Originally Posted by swordfish1
    I don't see myself with the remote control mounted to my hand muting the bloody thing every 10 minutes
    I've gotten used to holding the remote in my hand at all times... it's useful for swatting the kids when they annoy me... making sure that *I* always have control of the remote... sigh. Who am I kidding. We always watch what the wife wants to watch anyway. :P

But I agree about the damn volume though... It's *highly* f***king annoying.

yes its annoying but its not a huge difference that should make the sound 3-5 times louder, yes its louder but not that much louder

and dstv is great
    f1 cricket soccer rubgy
    history channel ownz
    i think 400 rand for all those channels is very good

to get rip of the wife and kids go with 10 channel option take all the sport channels and history channels say goodbye to the fighting

Actually, it depends on what channel you're on. For eg, 41 (E! I think) is very soft compared to the others, so if you don't watch it when you switch channels you end up reaching for the toilet paper.

Quote Originally Posted by killadoob
    i think 400 rand for all those channels is very good
    Are you mad? 99% of the channels aren't even worth watching.

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by thisgeek
    ...so if you don't watch it when you switch channels you end up reaching for the toilet paper.
    Holy guacamole - you running 9000 Watts RMS there or something ?

1000 :P

But seriously, go to channel 41, and check out how low the volume is there, and you will see what I mean.

Well, it's a simple matter of building a little gadget to detect these rises in volume levels which then in turn, mutes the speakers.

This kind of thing can cause damage to speakers/AV equipment. It is UNACCEPTABLE that they don't control the volume... that's because they are running on autopilot- nobody at the mixing desks. If they wanted to they could control the volume to a tee but no, they'd rather piss off existing customers and put any other potential customers off their ****ty product for life

Multichoice are a monopoly- they don't care about SA public. Same as Telkom

Quote Originally Posted by swordfish1
    hey guys, as I see we are on DSTV wave today, so I want to rise the issue of the ads being much louder than the normal broadcast.

I found this EXTREEMLY irritating and I spoke to multichoice about it, and they came back to me with some crap explanation that they have no control over it bla bla bla!

I have my DSTV audio going through my amp into huge speakers, you can't believe how bad it is when at 12h at night, you watching discovery or annual planet or whatever quietly and all of the sudden they start their **** ads and the room going to blow up, and wake up the neighbour in the house 50 meters away!!!

It is very very veru annoying!

Any suggestion what we can do about it?

Is it only me noticing this issue, or you have it as well?
    Yes, it's ****ing irritating. Especially when you're watching an episode from a series, which has ads every 5 minutes.

they came back to me with some crap explanation that they have no control over it
    Another **** excuse, from another **** company.

Man those *'s look cool!

Quote Originally Posted by thisgeek
    Actually, it depends on what channel you're on. For eg, 41 (E! I think) is very soft compared to the others, so if you don't watch it when you switch channels you end up reaching for the toilet paper.
    I don't have much problem with different channels being with different volume. If I switch channels obviously I already have one of the remotes in my hands, so I can grab the other and adjust the volume. But when I am concentrating on something else and just watching with one eye and listening at the other end of the room, it is very irritating to have to jump and run to find the remote and adjust the volume.

Page 1 of 10 1 2345 ... LastLast