Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast

Thread: Free to Air DSTV settings

Default Free to Air DSTV settings

I searched today for the settings for all the fta channels and got a few but only one worked. Is there a list somewhere with all the settings for the satellite DSTV uses and the channels that can be found as well? BTV is probably the best one but I'm just interested to see what a person can find.

you can try this link for these settings - http://rory.sharp.fm/rites/2006/01/f..._on_pas71.html - the SATS-R-US website USED to have these, but after their website re-vamp, they are NO LONGER LISTED (NB - these settings DO NOT work on the HD PVR's - only the SD Decoders / PVR!)

I tried these but it only the Sentech settings that work, BTV is pickep up but it blank, just a black screen. I tried rebooting the decoder but it still remains black.

Although it is fairly easy to follow the steps below, we must warn inexperienced users of the risk of accidentally altering the default settings, which might influence the quality of your default reception.
    NB. Should your decoder only allow a limited amount of networks, please look at the bottom of the screen where it should tell you to move the arrow left or right, in order to open up additional networks.

A satellite free to air installation can be accomplished by most people that have the patience to follow instructions and a moderate electronic knowledge. If this is not for you, it will be far easier for you to contact a local satellite installer in your area to assist you. This tutorial assumes you wish to receive a single fixed satellite and not using a dish mover or rotor. For most broadcasts in South Africa, a dish size of 90cm is sufficient. Larger dish sizes may be required for more northern or out of footprint locations. In order to receive all channels, reception of both PAS7 & PAS10 at 68,5 degrees East on a 90cm satellite dish is required. If you cannot access all the channels listed, your dish is either not aligned properly and/or you're using a too small dish.

The settings described in this section is based on a the SD PVR's menus, but very simular to the DSD1110. At this stage, you can NOT setup these channels on the new HD PVR!

TELEVISION
    The following are some of the channels you'll pick up once entering the settings below:
    Mindset Learning, Mindset Health, Botswana TV, Vivid Mosiac, God TV Africa, Hope Channel Africa, ITV, Astro and various commercial channels.

RADIO
    Radio2000, SAFM, Ikwekwezi FM, 5FM, RSG, Lesedi FM, Lotus FM, Metro FM, Good Hope FM, YFM, Classic FM, DW Radio, Radio Pulpit/Kansel, Impact Radio, Radio Pretoria, Trans World Radio, Channel Africa.

Step 1:
    Before setting up your decoder, please ensure that your decoder software is upgraded to the latest version. To perform a software upgrade: Press the MENU button. Select "ADVANCED OPTIONS" and press OK. Select "DSD UPGRADE" and press OK. The decoder should start to upgrade the software now. If you are not sure about the version of your decoder software, you can contact Multichoice or your local DSTV technician/supplier and they will be able to help you.

Step 2:
    Press menu Select "Advanced Options" Select "Dish Installation" Enter the pin "9949" Select "Network Configuration"

Select "Network 2 Setup"
    NB: Leave "Network 1 Setup (Home)" unchanged!! Set Signal Setup to "Enabled" by selecting it, and moving left or right

Set Frequency to "11170" Set Symbol Rate to "26652" Set Polarization to "Vertical" Set FEC to "5/6" Select "Accept these settings"

Step 3:
    Select "Network 3 Setup" Set Signal Setup to "Enabled" Set Frequency to "11625" Set Symbol Rate to "15000" Set Polarization to "Vertical" Set FEC to "3/4" Select "Accept these settings"

Step 4:
    Select "Network 4 Setup" Set Signal Setup to "Enabled" Set Frequency to "11674" Set Symbol Rate to "26652" Set Polarization to "Vertical" Set FEC to "5/6" Select "Accept these settings"

Step 5:
    Select "Network 5 Setup" Set Signal Setup to "Enabled" Set Frequency to "12522" Set Symbol Rate to "26657" Set Polarization to "Horizontal" Set FEC to "1/2" Select "Accept these settings"

Step 6:
    Select "Network 6 Setup" Set Signal Setup to "Enabled" Set Frequency to "12562" Set Symbol Rate to "26657" Set Polarization to "Horizontal" Set FEC to "1/2" Select "Accept these settings"

Step 7:
    Select "Network 7 Setup" Set Signal Setup to "Enabled" Set Frequency to "12682" Set Symbol Rate to "26657" Set Polarization to "Horizontal" Set FEC to "1/2" Select "Accept these settings"

Step 8:
    Select "Network 8 Setup" Set Signal Setup to "Enabled" Set Frequency to "12722" Set Symbol Rate to "26657" Set Polarization to "Vertical" Set FEC to "1/2" Select "Accept these settings"

Step 9:
    Exit once to go back to the "Dish Installation" menu Select "Scan All Networks" Your decoder will go into scanning mode and might take a while to scan all 9 networks. Do not interrupt the process even if it seams to take longer than you expected! Once completed, your picture will return as normal. To access you public channels, press the "TV button" on your remote control. The "Bouquet Options" menu will appear. Select "Public PAS7/10" Pressing any of the arrow buttons on your remote, will open the screen with all the available Free to Air channels. Simply select the channel you wish to view and press ok to tune. To access the radio channels, simply select the "music note" on your remote (while still on Public PAS7/10 bouquet) and select which channel you would like to listen.

Super Grandmaster

BTV is only blank during the Fifa World Cup Games because they don't have broadcasting rights outside Botswana for the games. When no games are being played the channel is open.

Quote Originally Posted by BLIXEMPIE View Post
    BTV is only blank during the Fifa World Cup Games because they don't have broadcasting rights outside Botswana for the games. When no games are being played the channel is open.
    hmm saw that it was gone. Is it back now?
    Last edited by Park@82; 21-07-2010 at 02:37 PM.
    "Why is there something rather than nothing?"
    Gottfried Leibniz

Blog Entries

Boy the free to air days...before PC 2 HDMI

Default Botswana TV

Quote Originally Posted by octall View Post
    I tried these but it only the Sentech settings that work, BTV is pickep up but it blank, just a black screen. I tried rebooting the decoder but it still remains black.

What I'd like to know is why Botswana TV was available before the World Cup (I think it was channel no. 147 ?). Now that the WC is a distant memory for many of us, why haven't Dstv reinstated it automatically ?

Is there a way to get it back by doing some sort of re-boot of the decoder (1110), other than the usual one ?

The only thing I was interested in seeing on that channel was them taking the occasional feed (late at night & on weekends for part of the morning) from FRANCE 24, the 24-hour English news channel broadcast from, presumably Paris.

Quote Originally Posted by BayCityRoller View Post
    What I'd like to know is why Botswana TV was available before the World Cup (I think it was channel no. 147 ?). Now that the WC is a distant memory for many of us, why haven't Dstv reinstated it automatically ?

Is there a way to get it back by doing some sort of re-boot of the decoder (1110), other than the usual one ?

The only thing I was interested in seeing on that channel was them taking the occasional feed (late at night & on weekends for part of the morning) from FRANCE 24, the 24-hour English news channel broadcast from, presumably Paris.
    Yeah I managed to get it back but on the Public is7/10 bouquet (39). Try:

Network 3 Setup

[BTV @ PAS 7/10]

1. Signal Setup: Enabled

2. Orbital Position: PAS7/10

3. Use NIT: Yes

4. Frequency: 11625

5. Symbol Rate: 15000

6. Polarisation: Vertical

7. FEC: 2/3
    As shown in the link Ivan Leon (thanks Ivan) gave above.

I also have a France 24 channel (37 on the Public is7/10 bouquet). Not sure which setting did it though, maybe try:

Network 6 Setup [Novacom @ PAS 7/10]

4. Frequency: 12682

5. Symbol Rate: 26657

6. Polarisation: Horizontal

7. FEC: 1/2
    or

Network 2 Setup [Sentech Vivid bouquet @ PAS 7/10]

4. Frequency: 11170

5. Symbol Rate: 266652

6. Polarisation: Vertical

7. FEC: 5/6
    Last edited by Park@82; 22-07-2010 at 11:05 PM.
    Gottfried Leibniz

Default France 24 / Botswana TV

Quote Originally Posted by Park@82 View Post
    Yeah I managed to get it back but on the Public is7/10 bouquet (39). Try:

As shown in the link Ivan Leon (thanks Ivan) gave above.

I also have a France 24 channel (37 on the Public is7/10 bouquet). Not sure which setting did it though
    Thanks for all your info. - will have a look this weekend when I've more time - don't want to mess around with existing settings for the decoder, so will look at the simplest way (of all those mentioned) of getting BTV back or France 24 on it's own, which will be even better!

Quote Originally Posted by BayCityRoller View Post
    Thanks for all your info. - will have a look this weekend when I've more time - don't want to mess around with existing settings for the decoder, so will look at the simplest way (of all those mentioned) of getting BTV back or France 24 on it's own, which will be even better!
    No problem, you probably wont need to change current settings /just need to ad the extra Network settings. AFAIK a reset to factory should take you back to the original settings (please confirm).
    Gottfried Leibniz

Default doesnt work

on my standard decoder, tried it out last night and in the end i had to switch off the decoder and let it re-scan :-(

Default FTA Settings

The settings I posted above have all worked on my SD-PVR (which I have since sold), a family member's DSD 1130 and an old DSD 660 I am currently using - so check your settings carefully when entering them, as ANY errors will cause issues!

Also remember to START with NETWORK 2 when entering the FTA settings - DO NOT change ANY settings for NETWORK 1 - (the Home Network) - as this is utilised for DSTV.

Hi
    I've entered all the settings in my dsd1110 but when I go to "Scan all networks" it says "orbital position is7/10 not enabled in lnb"
    Please advise

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast