Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: HD PVR 2P Extra View Installation Guide

Grandmaster
    Blog Entries

Default HD PVR 2P Extra View Installation Guide

Hi Guys

I currently have a DSD 1131 decoder and I would like to get the new HD PVR 2 and Extra View.
    I dont know how to install and I dont even wanna go there, so I have asked a technician (one quoted me at R350 Neg).

I want to be able to watch 2 channels simultaneously and being able to change those channels from the old DSD 1131 and the new HD PVR2 decoders.
    I also want to add two more connections to two different rooms, though without the ability to change channels. So all in all thats 4 connections - 2 can change channels the other 2 cant.

1) What type of LNB should I get; twin/ quad/ etc - where how much?
    2) Will the above (1) work with the new HD PVR 2P? OR
    3) I need to get a Multiswitch?

Thanks
    If the grass is greener on the other side, it probably has more poep in it

Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

is that 350 including parts? that aint bad
    yes you will be able to watch the channels seperatly you can use the dsd 1131 to change the hd pvr as the dsd 1131 work like a remote blaster,
    for the other rooms you need a remote blaster or tv link, of course if you want all the other rooms to be able to change both decoders best option is to have both deoders in one place - if using a remote blaster, i dont think that is needed if using tv link.

1 - LNB either a twin or a quad is fine or a SATCR but that very expensive.
    2 - yes
    3 - the multi swich is needed if you use the twin lnb not if you use the quad
    Some times the internet is so slow, it would be faster to just fly to Google's headquarters and ask them this $h1t in person.!

Grandmaster
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by isie View Post
    is that 350 including parts? that aint bad
    yes you will be able to watch the channels seperatly you can use the dsd 1131 to change the hd pvr as the dsd 1131 work like a remote blaster,
    for the other rooms you need a remote blaster or tv link, of course if you want all the other rooms to be able to change both decoders best option is to have both deoders in one place - if using a remote blaster, i dont think that is needed if using tv link.

1 - LNB either a twin or a quad is fine or a SATCR but that very expensive.
    2 - yes
    3 - the multi swich is needed if you use the twin lnb not if you use the quad
    So does this mean all I need to do is just buy the HD PVR 2P and no twin/quad LNB - just use the current single LNB?
    If the grass is greener on the other side, it probably has more poep in it

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Maelly View Post
    So does this mean all I need to do is just buy the HD PVR 2P and no twin/quad LNB - just use the current single LNB?
    Put it this way, you need 3 LNB inputs (2 for HDPVR, 1 for 1131)
    You currently have 1
    Your options are quad LNB which has 4 or
    Twin LNB which has 2, then use a 2x4 multiswitch to split 2 into 4

and no you cant split 1 into 3