Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: 50-75% packet loss and then it went dead...

Default 50-75% packet loss and then it went dead...

I've been struggling with my connection at home for the last 5 days.
    Can't play wow and I can't update steam.
    Can't hear anything using a VoIP app - whatever the person on the other side is saying, just breaks up into noise.
    Then last night I could not browse internationally. Could not use msn. Could not browse locally (could not even open the absa.co.za page). Only thing left was irc. I decided to try and ping some sites - google.co.za 75% packet loss; ananzi.co.za 50% packet loss.
    And then it died completely. Gave up, went to bed... this morning still no luck with reconnecting.

Has anybody had similar problems?

Have you tried phoning 0800DSLDSL? (0800375375)

Yes I have already phoned them twice. Got BS'ed last nite and this morning's call did not help much either.

that sucks, happened in various areas in cpt aswell selectively.. They targetting the WOW addicts? ;-)

Thumbs down

Can't play wow and I can't update steam.
    Thank God it's not just me. I've been "Preparing to play Counter-Strike:Source" since Sunday evening and am now a whopping 17% complete. Nothing like watching the download speed fluctuate between 4KB/sec and 0KB/sec.

Your line speed is approximately 422.5 Kbps or 51.8 kBytes/sec
    You could have ****ing fooled me.