Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast

Thread: LCD, Plasma and LED TV prices continue to fall

Default LCD, Plasma and LED TV prices continue to fall

LCD and Plasma TV prices continue to fall

Over the last twelve months LCD and Plasma televisions became far more affordable, and prices are expected to fall further

Grandmaster

Nothing beats my new 50" Samsung Plasma C7000 series. Full HD, 3D, 2D -> 3D conversion. No LED tv can compare Picture is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by necr0mancer View Post
    Nothing beats my new 50" Samsung Plasma C7000 series. Full HD, 3D, 2D -> 3D conversion. No LED tv can compare Picture is awesome!
    What did you pay for it? Sounds like a great TV!

Grandmaster

Awesome Awesome Awesome tv! Bought it at Cats Digital in Sandton, they were the ONLY shop that I could find that TV. It's just been released in SA, managed to get my hands on it for R30,000 for the TV, unfortunately due to Plasma prices being so cheap compared to LED's they dont include the glasses, so you have to buy them separately. 3D glasses go for about R1,400 - R2,000 a pair! I was able to get 4 pairs for R2000, so in total I paid R32,000

All I can say is WOW!

If I would have bought a 50" LED 3D tv, I would have spent over R50,000

doesn't Samsung and Sony make 3D tv's that you don't require the glasses?
    .::d()b::.

Well they need to come down in price because they don't last very long. My 22" Samsung LCD monitor is packing up and it's only 3 years old. It does a strobe light show for about 10-15 minutes before settling in for the day.

Quote Originally Posted by LabAnimal View Post
    doesn't Samsung and Sony make 3D tv's that you don't require the glasses?
    No so far I have not seen a Sony or Samsung that glasses are not required for. Besides the Glasses uses a type of battery with a hel of a refresh rate. However I have noticed that the glasses doesn't seem to last that long before the power button on them gives in.

Bah I won't get n 3d tv soon there is not enough true 3d content availible to make it worth my while.

However I also won't buy n tv in this country heavily over priced and taxed.

Got myself a Samsung B550 Full HD for the bedroom for under R3000 so no import tax when arriving at airport and that same tv is over R5000 in SA.

Grandmaster

If you have the money to waste on something for which there is almost no 3D content at the moment go ahead - it's the same reason I waited at least a year before getting my PS3: at launch there were only a handful of games available. I think adopting this type of thing early has more to do with "look what I got!" than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by rwtpl View Post
    Got myself a Samsung B550 Full HD for the bedroom for under R3000 so no import tax when arriving at airport and that same tv is over R5000 in SA.
    Where did you get that? Airport in SA or in a place like Dubai?

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by DarkStreet View Post
    If you have the money to waste on something for which there is almost no 3D content at the moment go ahead - it's the same reason I waited at least a year before getting my PS3: at launch there were only a handful of games available. I think adopting this type of thing early has more to do with "look what I got!" than anything else.
    True dat.

For the same reason, if you don't have/plan to get DSTV HD (only 4 channels i think), is there any point in getting full HD? With the pace at which new model tv's are been released, would it not be better to get half HD (HD Ready) and upgrade to an HD in two years, when more content is available?

Quote Originally Posted by nadimm View Post
    True dat.

For the same reason, if you don't have/plan to get DSTV HD (only 4 channels i think), is there any point in getting full HD? With the pace at which new model tv's are been released, would it not be better to get half HD (HD Ready) and upgrade to an HD in two years, when more content is available?
    DSTV is 720p in anycase, not 1080p. You get very few 1080p broadcasts in the rest of the world, unless you are on a cable network - the bandwith requirement for that is a lot on satellite.

Super Grandmaster

Was in Game and Dion Wired the other day. Supersport HD was hooked up through HDMI on several tv's (Plasma, LCD and LED) there on display. The 42 inch plasma's had the best natural looking picture in both stores. In one case it was a Samsung 42 inch for R6500 and the other was a LG for around the same price.

Granted, I haven't looked at low light scenes but for DSTV HD, I think getting one of these is value for money.

Which one is de best brand 2 buy?

Quote Originally Posted by Necksy View Post
    Which one is de best brand 2 buy?
    Samsung, without a doubt. Go compare the Samsung specs to any other brand (available in local stores) and you'll soon learn that it's the best by far. I have a Samsung LED, it looks so awesome and is by far the thinnest LCD out there (far thinner than any Sony), the display is awesome too ... I've never noticed a single glitch when watching something in HD.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudster View Post
    Samsung, without a doubt. Go compare the Samsung specs to any other brand (available in local stores) and you'll soon learn that it's the best by far. I have a Samsung LED, it looks so awesome and is by far the thinnest LCD out there (far thinner than any Sony), the display is awesome too ... I've never noticed a single glitch when watching something in HD.

Since when is thin and advantage?
    I prefer Sony LEDs.

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast