Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: C-Tech *** Car FM / MP3 Modulator ***

Default C-Tech *** Car FM / MP3 Modulator ***

Hi, anyone know where to buy this device, I heard they work very well..

Cheers
    A f r i h o s t - R29/GB ADSL
    \/Happily Banking With Capitec \/

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Tweak View Post
    Hi, anyone know where to buy this device, I heard they work very well..

Cheers
    no offence mate, but these FM modulaters are POS, cheaply made etc. far better off buying a head unit that has a USB slot to play your music off a thumbdrive.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Pumpkin_King View Post
    what opinion? as far is i can tell you got insulted by a bar for being in a hotel and the old south african flag broke into your car

Quote Originally Posted by Synaesthesia View Post
    Just googled for it, it's on sale everywhere!
    http://www.pricecheck.co.za/search/?...OR+via+USB+%26
    bidorbuy only mate

AFAIK they sold by Cash Crusaders for +-R120. But nowadays u can get these little buggers at the local robots, hawkers selling them all over for R80-R100.
    "If the ANC does to you what the apartheid government did to you, then you must do to the ANC what you did to the apartheid government." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by IceQB View Post
    AFAIK they sold by Cash Crusaders for +-R120. But nowadays u can get these little buggers at the local robots, hawkers selling them all over for R80-R100.
    i just spoke witha guy who had his car broken into he said these ones I mentioned works quite well but the other brands are more questionable.
    I would like to follow this up by getting the same brand that he reccomended before I conclude that these are a failed technology

If you find an empty channel then it should at least be on par with radio quality. One factor I'd think about though is where your antenna is vs the sender. If there is a metal roof or something in between then it might be an issue.

right I will take that into consideration thanks Havoc

Check out the RF modulator here: http://www.xpaudio.co.za/store/index...roducts_id=545

I bought one; it's not one that broadcasts, it has a cable that goes directly into the head unit's antenna socket, so the quality is perfect. I was very, very happy with it. It has an antenna cable (goes into the HU), an antenna socket (to take the normal antenna cable from the aerial), a power cable and earth, and L&R line-in sockets, so with the appropriate cable, to can connect an MP3 player/phone/whatever.

Grandmaster

You could be unlucky with a cheap one or even a more expensive unit: I paid R300 or so for one of those cigarette-lighter units and the thing was unusable because it simply would not hold its frequency -- you had to keep retuning your car radio (or other receiver) every few minutes or so to compensate for the drift.

I ended up buying an iConcepts Digital Wireless Radio Transmitter 11988 from HiFi Corp for much less than that, which takes input through a standard earphone cable and plug and runs on 2 x AAA batteries (or a mains adapter not supplied) rather than off the cigarette lighter socket, and it proved to be rock solid, with a quite astonishing range (about 10 metres).

Quote Originally Posted by HavocXphere View Post
    If there is a metal roof or something in between then it might be an issue.
    The car/radio does seem to make a difference. I have one of those Belkin transmitters that IC sells, works well in the Merc(antenna probably in the windscreen), but dismally in the bakkie(antenna on roof).
    To define recursion, we must first define recursion.

Get one with a direct cable, not one that broadcasts on FM. Then you have no worries about the roof.