Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Edgars Account

Default Edgars Account

So basically I got a Edgars account with a limit of R1800. I want to buy a xbox 360 at CNA but since my limit is R1800 and I have R1500 cash is it possible to pay that R1500 into the edgars card and then buy the xbox at cna.

It might seems like loads of trouble but I'm a spray painter apprentice so I don't earn a lot of money yet until I get my trade so Edgars is the only place I could get an account.

Is it worth it to buy a Xbox at CNA or am I better off saving like 4-5month and buying it somewhere else.

Yes it should be fine but have a care with an Edgars account, their staff like to know pertinent details of other accounts you may have. I'm all for credit checks etc when you get the account but I will not discuss other accounts/balances/transactions with a store clerk when it has nothing to do with them.
    Neo-Luddite - Permanent Darwin award candidates
    Shaping Explained here
    Do you Oink! ?

Bad Idea, Rather save up the money and go from there. Accounts are traps and once you are black listed you going to have fun times.
    "Less Sodom and more Gamora"
    Zap

Wait a bit for the local launch of the new 360, the current models might be cheaper then.

Blog Entries

Like mass09 said, wait a bit! New "box" is soon too be released. But then again I'm a sucker and only use my Edgars card for CNA clearance sales

Blog Entries

P.S. If your not wanting too go Live! I have an XBOX 360 with a blown ethernet port that I may be willing to part with!

You can swipe multiple cards for one transaction, or pay-in difference with cash. So you swipe your edgards account for xxx amount, and simply swipe debit card for rest.

When I bought a new LCD at game, I used three seperate cards to buy it (ok well was close to R20k) and I've got daily limits on my cards...

Did you open your account at a cna? I did and got a book with a bunch of vouchers, I might be mistaken but I think one voucher was something like R600 or R400 off of a purchase of R1000 something or more.

Super Grandmaster

[QUOTE=TKD01;4364044]You can swipe multiple cards for one transaction, or pay-in difference with cash. So you swipe your edgards account for xxx amount, and simply swipe debit card for rest.

QUOTE]

+1 - easiest for your situation. i'm guessing you dont want to wait. just pay off your monthly balances and all will be well.

Super Grandmaster

And the games?

Thanks for reminding me I can use my Edgars card at CNA.....no more paying for b-day book gifts or pretty much any birthday! Cool idea about the X-box. I'm gonna buy my PC games from there now!

Super Grandmaster

And wham, he falls into the credit trap.
    Instead of waiting to save enough cash to be able to buy second hand games, at 1/4 the price, he is now paying full price because he needs to buy on credit.
    And Edcon smiles.

You may want to buy some Edcon shares at the same time on credit, that way at least you'll get some of your money back.

Quote Originally Posted by davemc View Post
    And wham, he falls into the credit trap.
    Instead of waiting to save enough cash to be able to buy second hand games, at 1/4 the price, he is now paying full price because he needs to buy on credit.
    And Edcon smiles.

You may want to buy some Edcon shares at the same time on credit, that way at least you'll get some of your money back.
    LOL! I forgot that you can buy at CNA on the Edgars account....I rarely use my card, but it might come in handy when you have to buy a friend/family member a gift last minute....books are my favourite last minute gift item, and I always end up going to exclusive books. Plus they have CD's and chocolates if I'm not mistaken. But yes, credit sucks, but you can make it work for you too.

u can also pay R1500 cash and the bal on your edgars acc. i tried that it workd