Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast

Thread: Water Diving for my borehole

Default Water Diving for my borehole

I want to have a bore hole drilled at home and I have a spot where I want it drilled. I called a few companies for a quote and they all want to send some dude out first to do some divining and charge about R2000 for a guy to walk around and identify spots where there will be water. Then they will only quote me for the hole.

Now lots of neighbours have boreholes from 9m deep to 60m deep with around 30m being the average. One even has water pouring out of the ground continuously and has a full dam as well as filling another 2 neighbours dams.

According to the bore hole companies I've called, the water runs in veins and if you just drill anywhere you not going to hit a vein and won't hit water. The diviner can apparently tell where these veins are and even how deep they are. Some diviners use rods and some use electronic gizmos.

To me this water divining seems like a con. Loads of heighbours have bore holes so there is water available in our area. But to tell me that on spot X there is water and on spot Y 5meters from X its dry seems like fairy tales.

So what are your experiences and views on the matter?
    CTWUG - Afrihost uncapped - 2500K - Dual Xeon E5320 - N40L

Super Grandmaster

Try searching the subject on this forum. I recall quite a few related discussions.

EDIT: http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthre...light=borehole
    Last edited by PhreakBoy; 19-07-2010 at 12:04 PM.

Your title suggests you want to go diving in your borehole. Not advisable
    If you don't understand the argument well enough that you could switch sides and represent the other team, stop arguing.

Quote Originally Posted by PhreakBoy View Post
    Try searching the subject on this forum. I recall quite a few related discussions.
    Yep, I did. But nothing really helpful found.

I have a spot where it will be convenient to have the hole and I want it drilled there.

Now the drillers are telling me I can only have it where a man with a stick says I can have it.

Quote Originally Posted by b_crazy View Post
    Your title suggests you want to go diving in your borehole. Not advisable
    lol, can't change that now. damn.

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by DanH View Post
    Yep, I did. But nothing really helpful found.

I have a spot where it will be convenient to have the hole and I want it drilled there.

Now the drillers are telling me I can only have it where a man with a stick says I can have it.
    From this explanation it would seem as though one does not actually need to hit a vein, but rather just a spot in close proximity with the right type of rock:

Quote Originally Posted by dlk001 View Post
    A borehole needs to find an aquifer zone where your drilling encounters a water bearing permeable rock. Basically a borehole drilled to depth below the water table will eventually fill up with water infiltrating from saturated cracks in the bedrock and the pore spaces in the soils. The speed at which the water infiltrates is dependent on the permeability of the bedrock. Rock is not a predictable material. The cracks/pore are not uniform which means every hole you drill will yield varying water infiltration rates.

I think those rods work with magnetic fields; or laylines, something like that.

As far as I know they seem to work.
    domaincheap.co.za
    Only one of these adds to your value as a human being: Consuming things other people have made or making your own.
    link

Quote Originally Posted by Pooky View Post
    I think those rods work with magnetic fields; or laylines, something like that.

As far as I know they seem to work.
    There's a million dollars waiting for someone who can demonstrate water divining working. No-one's got it yet...

(Oh - water's not magnetic, so magnetic fields aren't very helpful).

Yeah, I read that. But still unsure. So nobody actually hits the vein, if you hit it you going to get water gushing out. You just drill till you deep enough in the water table and in material where the water easily fills the bottom of your hole. Is this correct?

Blog Entries

It's utter rubbish as far as I know. Sounds like the borehole companies are making two grand for a friend of theirs who owns two rods.
    Behind every dark cloud lies the sun, waiting to boil you alive.
    Not Eks.

Just take a look at www.randi.org and search that site for dowsing

Ask your neighbours how they knew where to drill...
    domaincheap.co.za
    Only one of these adds to your value as a human being: Consuming things other people have made or making your own.
    link

They all fell for the divining story, pooky. I'm sure they'd buy a cirby and join Amway too though.

Quote Originally Posted by DanH View Post
    They all fell for the divining story, pooky. I'm sure they'd buy a cirby and join Amway too though.
    But then howcome they have water?
    domaincheap.co.za
    link

Well, I think the have to find then vein and hit it story is BS and they have water because there is water everywhere in this region.

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast