Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Question about Telkom

Default Question about Telkom

We recently renewed our ADSL contract with Telkom in order to get a new router as the old one was packing up and out of warranty. About a week or so after renewing the contract, Telkom forced us to buy a 3GB Data Cap from them or else they will have to cancel our ADSL line. We have an uncapped account from another ISP so the 3GB cap is useless.

My question is this: Is Telkom allowed to do this? Is there maybe a way I can get past it because it's an unnecessary expense?
    Intel Core i7 950 | ASUS Rampage III Gene | VTX3D RADEON HD6870 1GB | 6GB GSkill DDR3 1600 | Corsiar TX650W | CM CM690II | Samsung P2450H

Grandmaster

IMHO, why didn't you just buy a entry-level decent brand router instead of signing the contract? You can pick up wireless routers for a few hundred bucks which is far better than signing along Telkom's dotted line and the quality of something you bought would probably be better than anything they could provide.

as said many times here, try avoiding contracts, especially if they tie you in for 24 months; your problem now is that you have already signed and I am sure there is nothing much to do. As for if telkom was right to do that--I am not sure--I guess getting a second opinion before signing would have been my advice to you.
    Bummer.
    S

Upon signing the contract nothing was pressed onto us. My dad got a phone call a week or two afterwards...there was nothing silly like that in the contract at all.
    Intel Core i7 950 | ASUS Rampage III Gene | VTX3D RADEON HD6870 1GB | 6GB GSkill DDR3 1600 | Corsiar TX650W | CM CM690II | Samsung P2450H

then you should appeal--try and get to a TelkomShop to sort it out--better to in person than on the phone, imo. Good luck!