Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: You want beer?

Default You want beer?

Thank God, I am a tequila girl myself .

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...d-animals.html

BEER TO BE SOLD IN DEAD ANIMALS

The stunt has been condemned by animal rights groups as "cheap marketing tactics".

Twelve bottles of The End Of History ale have been made and placed inside seven dead stoats, four squirrels and one hare.

A taxidermist in Doncaster worked on the animals, which were not killed for bottling the new drink, with some having been killed on the roads.

Outfits featured on some of the animals include a kilt and a top hat.

BrewDog, of Fraserburgh, Aberdeenshire, created the ale, which is stronger than whisky and vodka.

The brewer recommend the beer should be served in a shot or whisky glass ''to be enjoyed like a fine whisky''.

The firm's co-founder James Watt said: ''In true BrewDog fashion, we've torn up convention, blurred distinctions and pushed brewing and beer packaging to its absolute limits.

''This is the beer to end all beers. It's an audacious blend of eccentricity, artistry and rebellion; changing the general perception of beer, one stuffed animal at a time.

''The impact of The End Of History is a perfect conceptual marriage between taxidermy, art and craft brewing. The bottles are at once beautiful and disturbing - they disrupt conventions and break taboos, just like the beer they hold within them.''

The blond Belgian ale, infused with nettles and juniper berries, was created by BrewDog's brewers by freezing the liquid to separate water from the solution.

The process was then repeated dozens of times, requiring hundreds of litres of beer to be reduced through the process to produce just enough for a 330ml bottle.

BrewDog drew criticism from industry watchdog the Portman Group last year when it unveiled a 32% beer, Tactical Nuclear Penguin.

It has also faced claims that its 18.2 per cent Tokyo beer promoted excess.

In February, the firm launched Sink The Bismarck!, a 41 per cent volume ale.

The End Of History can be bought through the BrewDog website.

But animal campaigners and others hit out at BrewDog's latest offering.

Ross Minett, campaigns director for the charity Advocates for Animals, said: "Using shock tactics to get attention is terribly out of date, especially when this involves exploiting or degrading animals.

"The modern approach is to celebrate the wonders of animals and respect them as individual sentient creatures. I'm sure this would have much greater appeal with the animal-loving public.

"We will be getting in touch with BrewDog to advise them on what people today really think about animals and how a positive caring approach and appreciating live animals is the best way forward."

Barbara O'Donnell, director of services at Alcohol Focus Scotland, said: "This is another example of this company pushing the boundaries of acceptability, all in the pursuit of cheap marketing tactics."

However, Mr Watt argued that criticism of the beer's high strength was "totally misguided".

He said: "This artisan beer should be consumed in small servings whilst exuding an endearing pseudo vigilance and reverence for Mr Stoat.

"The real catalysts for a binge-drinking culture are not well- crafted beers but the monolithic corporate machines that have cultivated a culture of quantity rather than quality amongst UK beer drinkers."

He also responded to criticisms of the packaging of the product and stated: "I can think of no grander way to celebrate these animals than for them to be cherished by the lucky owners.

"The animals used to bottle The End Of History all died of natural causes - better to be celebrated and valued than left to rot."
    Veni, Vidi, Vici
    Resident Bitch in Attendance

"The real catalysts for a binge-drinking culture are not well- crafted beers but the monolithic corporate machines that have cultivated a culture of quantity rather than quality amongst UK beer drinkers."
    Great marketing stunt and a big middle finger to the high volume chemical (not beer) brewers!

I would buy a shot of that good stuff...
    There is a fine line between bravery and stupidity

Super Grandmaster

Dead thirsty?
    A stiff drink?
    Last edited by davemc; 23-07-2010 at 07:51 AM.

Grandmaster

Looool.

I dont get why people cry about dead animals ? Not like they killed them for it.
    "He who speaks without modesty will find it difficult to make his words good."

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/T.../hero/14927921

Me likes!

Me wants that beer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tasty!!
    Quote Originally Posted by I.am.Sam View Post
    dont waste your money rather get the cheese jizz ....
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicci View Post
    Oh yes that is a nice one!!
    DEL PythonFSi

I wants the WHOLE set ....
    Quote Originally Posted by Korn1 View Post
    I have been called a retard my whole life

Thats awesome! Definitely gonna get a set of those squirrels. Love to see the look on a persons face when you pour them some beer out of that! LOL

Wonder if they supply ones for wine, perhaps as a single bottle wine cooler?
    Nothing ever comes to one, that is worth having, except as a result of hard work.

Spam
    Blog Entries

Heehehehe...this appeals to my dark and twisted side.
    The squirrel looks awesome!
    Really?

Thats "Need to Know" and you don't "Need to Know"

A little eccentric I'd say, but full marks for thinking out of the box (or bottle/animal if you wish)
    “Ask a question, fool for once. Never ask, fool forever.”

Blog Entries

Beer in a squirrel! WIN
    I am 13531

"Balance is the key to everything, without it we would just keep falling over."

Thats "Need to Know" and you don't "Need to Know"

The beauty of this concept would be in the eye of the beer-holder
    “Ask a question, fool for once. Never ask, fool forever.”

Ugh... revolting...
    ██████████
    ██████████
    ██████████
    [Dropbox] | [MyGaming] | [Raptr]

Quote Originally Posted by Cheri_N View Post
    well, rather don't tell these guys or you'll be drinking tequila from a prairie dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheri_N View Post
    Ah, Tequila - a drink for dogs....

(because once you drink that stuff, you will be crawling around on all fours)
    (and floors)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast