Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Debonairs.co.za online orders - do they ever work?

Thumbs down Debonairs.co.za online orders - do they ever work?

I just placed an order online at debonairs.co.za with instruction that I will collect at my local branch less than 1km from where I work.

Everything went fine and it said my order will be ready in 15 minutes. I tried to track the order but the only thing I managed to do was to do a quick order (repeat a previous order) which I did not want to do at the time. This did show my "previous order" so I assumed that my order was on their system.

After 10 minutes, just as I was about to get in the car, I got an SMS saying they could not process my online order and I must call the shop to do it over the phone.

What nonsense is this?! Has anyone managed to place an order online with debonairs?
    You can do something for love, you can do something for money, but there is nothing quite so satisfying as doing something out of spite - Jeremy Clarkson, 1991

can't comment on the online ordering but after this thread

http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthre...s-nachos-pizza

debonairs is scracthed off my list of where to get food from

yeah, I tried to use delivery once, chose a branch within the suggested range then get an error message saying can't deliver.
    Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

I ordered online (didn't know you could and just wanted to check the menu before I went). Said it'd be delivered in 40 minutes.

19 minutes later the doorbell rang. Was still piping hot. Debonairs Grassy Park.

Just a pity their CC payments online aren't set up yet
    Quote Originally Posted by VodacomData View Post
    Let me know if there is anything i can do to make you happier with Vodacom , except pricing................

Maybe I should try the other branch in town - see if that works...
    You can do something for love, you can do something for money, but there is nothing quite so satisfying as doing something out of spite - Jeremy Clarkson, 1991

I won't even try it with ours in Melkbos. Just getting them to understand your order over the phone is stressing enough.

'What's that? No, I said two large hawaiians...No, I want two LARGE hawaiian pizzas...okay, yes that will be all...just read it back to me quickly.....ugh, I said two large hawaiian pizzas. You know what? Nevermind, I'll just come to the store.'

Often I swear the cashiers don't even really understand english properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Graal View Post
    I won't even try it with ours in Melkbos. Just getting them to understand your order over the phone is stressing enough.
    *nod*
    Server Management & Maintainence, Web Development, CMS, SEO, Marketing and Reliable reseller & web hosting options.
    http://www.mediadevelopments.co.za

Quote Originally Posted by Graal View Post
    Nevermind, I'll just come to the store.'
    what's that ser? you have fun on the floor?
    i'll ask the delivery man to come a bit later then...

Grandmaster

Tried it with the one in Hillcrest a couple of weeks ago. When I order over the phone there's a delivery charge, but when I ordered online the delivery was free. Took about 40 minutes, the driver apologized for the delay (without me complaining) and said the online order system was a new experimental thing.
    Well it beats using the phone, hopefully they're sorting things out.

Grandmaster

Yup, the Westville one worked well for my fiancee when I was away last week