Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: approx 200GB IS limit?

Default approx 200GB IS limit?

just spoke to someone about the IS throttling and shaping and they said 200gb monthly usage was no good and you will be shaped and throttled, not worth the now R899 at all, more like a 200gb capped with slow browsing thereafter.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources" - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Makarov View Post
    just spoke to someone about the IS throttling and shaping and they said 200gb monthly usage was no good and you will be shaped and throttled, not worth the now R899 at all, more like a 200gb capped with slow browsing thereafter.
    While that would suck, i will rather await for an official response either from IS or Axxess.I have sent a query to them.

they should of still kept a product available for the home user that is uncapped and untouched after hours, not a business package the price jump is too high
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources" - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Makarov View Post
    they should of still kept a product available for the home user that is uncapped and untouched after hours, not a business package the price jump is too high
    The reason its effecting these accounts is because of all the small little accounts popping up every where. SA just cannot handle the volumes. Even if they claim they can.

Well, I haven't reached the 200GB mark yet on my IS 4096 uncapped account this month (around 170 currently), and the speed is definitely throttled to around 20KB/s for anything other than HTTP or FTP - even downloading via HTTP won't give me more than 70-80KB/s in bursts. Two months ago I was flying at 425KB/s on any protocol, any time of day (not used 24/7)
    Although I'm using this connection as both a business (40%) and private (60%), I'm seriously thinking of moving back to a 1024 Uncapped, Unshaped Business Fibre account, even though it's 5 times more per month... at least I could get some decent speed when needed.

...and they want to trial 8/10mb - r i g h t ! ! !
    PhenomII X6 1100T | Asus M5A99X Evo | OCZ Vertex 3 120GB SSD | 16GB Hyper-X | Radeon HD6850 | Win7 Ult 64 | HX850 PSU | 2x Samsung 2333SW | CM690ii | H80 Cooler

I am with Axxess Express + , Currently on 285GB for the month and still get 400k+ after 20:00

I'm on 4mbps with Adept. and i never reach more then 200kbps during the night. and limited to about 20kpbs during office hours.