Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Downloading via newshost

Default Downloading via newshost

Hi All

I am currently a vodacom data customer and would like to download via newshost. Is this possible and if so, how would I go about it?

thanks

Blog Entries

Do you have a Newshost account?

You don't actually do any downloading from Newshost... except to get the tracker files (NZB's) from there.

You then use a Usenet server to do the downloading.

No do not have an account as yet, so how do I use this usenet stuff. Once I get this nzb files, where to from there? More importantly, will this work via vodacom hsdpa, seeing as I don't have an adsl line. Heard somewhere that it might be a problem.

do a search in these forums... your question has been answered many times before
    Its true*once you go mac you don't go back*

Will do thanks. If anyone can point me in the right direction, it will be appreciated.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MOwrt View Post
    No do not have an account as yet, so how do I use this usenet stuff. Once I get this nzb files, where to from there? More importantly, will this work via vodacom hsdpa, seeing as I don't have an adsl line. Heard somewhere that it might be a problem.
    See the link for usenet in my signature. Newshost are not signing up any new members so you will have to find somewhere else to get your stuff. And on hsdpa it is going to be very expensive... unless you are just grabbing one or two files here and there. ADSL would be better.

Downloading on HSDPA is not economically viable. Buying the media is probably cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Loopin View Post
    Downloading on HSDPA is not economically viable. Buying the media is probably cheaper.
    +1
    "Why is there something rather than nothing?"
    Gottfried Leibniz

If money is no problem additional info http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthre...elated-queries
    Last edited by schumi; 03-08-2010 at 11:36 PM.

Well the reason Im doing via hspda is that im currently on a top up contract and have loads of airtime I haven't used. I cant transfer it to anyone so I might as well buy data and use it up.Just one more thing. I have downloaded the grab it app, and a need to configure it. Anyone know which server/hostname to use. Is is any different for vodacom. I've been trawling through the other posts but can't seem to find something concrete. Thanks again for all the help

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MOwrt View Post
    Well the reason Im doing via hspda is that im currently on a top up contract and have loads of airtime I haven't used. I cant transfer it to anyone so I might as well buy data and use it up.Just one more thing. I have downloaded the grab it app, and a need to configure it. Anyone know which server/hostname to use. Is is any different for vodacom. I've been trawling through the other posts but can't seem to find something concrete. Thanks again for all the help
    I gave you a list of News Servers in that link... You will have to use one of the paid news servers or a trial from the paid news servers.

The free ones will not work on the Vodacom Network.

http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/entry.ph...th-Uncapped%29

Will work perfectly, will just cost you an arm and leg!
    Server Management & Maintainence, Web Development, CMS, SEO, Marketing and Reliable reseller & web hosting options.
    http://www.mediadevelopments.co.za

=Garyvdh;4453538
    The free ones will not work on the Vodacom Network.
    why wont it work?
    Last edited by Flame; 08-08-2010 at 10:05 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flame View Post
    why wont it work?
    Um, because SAIX and Internet Solutions who run the free News Servers in South Africa are different companies to Vodacom. They are not going to allow someone from a different network to access a free resource on their own network. Doesn't make sense to do that now does it?