Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: New Highveld Breakfast Express, your thoughts?

Default New Highveld Breakfast Express, your thoughts?

so the new Breakfast Express started on Monday, i am somewhat disappointed, they had 2 weeks to come up with a new show, and all they came up with was the same show, with a new name, without Jeromy Mansfield, it seems like Darren Simpson is taking the "lead"
    i have nothing against Darren Simpson, he was actually the reason i started listening to Highveld, but i don't feel that he should be the main presenter, where is that other guy "Revant John" ?, i enjoyed his show, or even Alex Jay

Why do you guys even listen to that station?

Be up to date and fully informed: listen to Talk Radio 702

Quote Originally Posted by blunomore View Post
    Why do you guys even listen to that station?

Not that i listen to highveld, but music is sometimes better then just talk.

And also I get tired of hearing boring ads for Pak Persian and Khaliques - John sent me and Darryl Jacobsen on Burchmores.

Ads are not always great, but when they just read out, no effort put into them, its even worse.

Unfortunately, the best of the worst in the morning shows is 5-FM's Gareth Cliff. Although he can piss me off immensely, I'd rather listen to him ans his team's ad-hoc ramblings than Highveld's so called "not scripted" show.

The Breakfast Express is still better than the Just plain Breakfast on Jacaranda. I’ll take the less annoying Darren rather, thank you very much. I don’t like Gareth Cliff and refuse to listen to his show. Radio 702 can be boring at times. But I do miss RAW.
    Veni, Vidi, Vici
    Resident Bitch in Attendance

I really can't listen to the breakfast-express. They really need to get a proper personality to take lead no disrespect to Darren but he is only good in small doses. Not that I listen to highveld regularly anyway but now I only listen to Cliff. I listen to 702 in the evenings on my way home from work. John Robbie irritates me too much in the morning

Quote Originally Posted by blunomore View Post
    +1.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheri_N View Post
    The Breakfast Express is still better than the Just plain Breakfast on Jacaranda. Ill take the less annoying Darren rather, thank you very much. I dont like Gareth Cliff and refuse to listen to his show. Radio 702 can be boring at times. But I do miss RAW.
    i Hate Jacaranda, each time highveld plays a stupid song i switch to jacaranda, and they always seem to be able to irritate me a bit more....have you ever heard the "what the" crap?, i get so irritated when i hear that, and o have really tried listening to Talk 702, but its boring, its like RSG, or Radio Pretoria
    i also miss RAW

Jacaranda for breakfast.
    702 Mid day
    DJ Fresh drive show in afternoon.

Best combo imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by markafghani View Post
    Thanks for nothing guys.

Quote Originally Posted by neliobaas View Post
    i Hate Jacaranda, each time highveld plays a stupid song i switch to jacaranda, and they always seem to be able to irritate me a bit more....have you ever heard the "what the" crap?, i get so irritated when i hear that, and o have really tried listening to Talk 702, but its boring, its like RSG, or Radio Pretoria
    i also miss RAW
    Nope, don’t think I’ve heard the “what the” crap and hopefully never will. The last couple of weeks I listened to them in the mornings (but very early on) and they have the “I’m greatful for” or something crap – please
    Veni, Vidi, Vici
    Resident Bitch in Attendance